Thursday, January 8, 2009

It is 2009!

I can't believe it is 2009!

This year I decided not to do any New Years Resolutions. I always break them about 5 days in anyway. There is no reason to disappoint myself! We wanted to start the year off good so to kick it off first decided to potty train Wayke. He is doing well and it is so nice not to be changing 2 kids in diapers! Then we got some eggs and incubator from my friend and have 29 eggs that are suppose to hatch around January 21. We have ordered some more chickens and will have many running around by spring! If all the chickens hatch and then lay their eggs like they should - we will have eggs coming out our ears... The boys can hardly wait until they hatch. Everyday they check on the eggs to see how they are coming. Rayce is counting down the days. (I sure hope this works!)





6 thoughts:

Nicole said...

Go Wayke Go. Fun with chicks Boston would go nuts waiting. Hope you can sell some eggs.

Trent and Amy said...

Payden is very excited for the eggs to hatch. He wants his own inki-butter! After you are done with Wayke ,Britt will be waiting.

Nancy Mc said...

Good for Wayke. Good luck on the chick and egg thing. We did that when I was a child...hmmm...This will be so fun for the kids. Hope it all works out well.

suelyn w said...

How's the potty training going?? Way to set 2009 right with no dissapointing failed resolutions! Good thing for bloggin huh, or I'd never know what was going on waaaayyyy up there in Neola!!

Isaak and Jackie said...

that is a fun way to start off the year I hope it works too. thanks for the birthday wishes, you have a great memory!

The McKenna Family said...

That is so fun. I have always wanted chickens. The girls want rabbits, but Cade says he doesn't want to be the one to take care of them. Hmmmm, maybe for Easter! Good Luck with the potty training, that is always such a pleasant experience!! LOL