Friday, January 23, 2009

WE HAVE BABY CHICKS!

Well - about 3:00 am I finally gave up on the chicks. They were making no progress so I made myself stay in bed. At 6:00 am when Ridge got up for a bottle two of them had holes about the size of a dime in them. I waited around for a while but again, gave up and went back to bed. I got up at 7:00 am when Dusty left for work and one of the eggs that had a small break was more broke. But I went back to bed anyway. Rayce and Wayke got up at 8:00 and went straight into the laundry room. We all stayed in there for about 15 minutes and the first one finally broke out of its shell. Then like 5 minutes later, one that wasn't even broke that much, just muscled his way right out. We promised we would call Payden when they were hatching. We did and the Taylors came over and watched the next 3 hatch out. We now have a total of 6 and 11 have cracks in them so hopefully they will come today. It is so addicting to watch them. I haven't done a thing today. I walk out and try to start something but I just keep finding myself right back in there. The boys are loving watching the eggs. They check on them every 2 minutes and give me an update if anything is cracked more.

2 thoughts:

Nicole said...

Boston loves it. He asked if we could
"make" some. He wants you to come here and bring them with you, because you live too far away. I'm glad you are having some fun with them.

Trent and Amy said...

I'm so glad Payden has you guys to keep him entertained. That was fun watching them hatch. Congratulations on your 17 new babies!