Friday, October 22, 2010

ONE OF THE GREATEST THINGS I FOUND

Rayce - 1 1/2 years old - In the jungle at the Ranch
Rayce - Easter 2005 - 1 year old - Checking the cows


Rayce - 7 months old - cooling off at Grandma Sheril's house

Wayke - Born Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 11:48 pm


Wayke weight 7 lbs, 2 oz and was 21 incles long. He was the best baby ever. He slept and slept and slept. He had the prettiest skin. He was a VERY pretty baby.
I decided to make each of my kids picture books for Christmas. I make a family book every year but this year I will make them their own. I want to start from when they were born. When Rayce was born, digital was not near as big as it is now. You turned in your film to the store and they sent you back your pictures with the negatives. I thought for Rayce's book I would have to either take a picture of a picture or scan each picture I wanted to use into the computer. I was not excited at all and new it would take me a long time. I started wondering how I could do this process faster and then thought I just wished they were on a CD. Well, one thought led to another and after a few phone calls, tada... I have ALL of Rayce's pictures on CD - YEAH!!! It may have cost me a pretty penny but it was well worth the money. While looking at his baby pictures I realized how fast time has gone. Some days seem like they take forever while others fly by. Most of these pictures I can remember where we were, how I felt, just like it was yesterday. Then when I look at the baby pictures of Wayke it reminds me how grateful I need to be. I was told after Rayce there was a good chance I may not have any more children. I was SOOO happy when I found out we were having another baby. My kids are the very most important things in my life. I know sometimes I try to hard to make them be what I want them to be... I want them to be contributing citizens and respectful to others. I know I need to relax and let them be kids. They are great kids with LOTS of energy... And I wouldn't have it any other way. I was speaking with a lady in our ward and saying how hyper my kids are. She said she felt the same way about her kids. Then one of her children were born and had problems. They just layed there during church and didn't make any noises. She says she remembers thinking she wished they could get up and make noises like her other children. It made me realize that there is good in everything. Sometimes it is very hard to sit in church and watch Dusty up on the stand. My kids seem to be so loud and I wonder what is the point... But I need to be grateful for what I have and each of my kids. I love them and each of their different personalities. Rayce is my hugger, he is very touchy and is always telling me he loves me. He is so smart and does very well in school. Wayke is my funny kid. You can always count on him to make you laugh. He has the cutest brown eyes and still is my "pretty" baby. Ridge is my friend. You know he will always be there and lets me take care of him. He has a mind of his own and is so daring... TOO daring. I LOVE his hair and I love the way he talks. He has a body builder body. I have had many people comment on his "ripped" body. Range is my baby. I love to cuddle and hold him all day long. His chubby little body, I could just squeeze all day. He is so precious and I do not want him to grow up. I want him to stay my little baby forever. He is so ticklish and fun. I love my kids!

3 thoughts:

ronnieandjess said...

You are the best mom!! I am glad that you are doing books, just think next year will be so much easier. Those pictures of Rayce were so cute...

suelyn w said...

Time does go too fast. Have fun in Cali!

Nancy Mc said...

Loved this post! I loved how you shared special things about each of the boys. Brought tears to my eyes...time does fly. Wish I could have some of those mom moments back when I maybe didn't do the right thing...I would have taken more time to cuddle...
I love♥ the book idea!