Thursday, February 26, 2009

WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE?

Last night I went to Cameron's and picked up all my jounals, pictures, and everything else I hadn't taken since I had got married. Tonight I went through a lot of the pictures and can't believe how fast the time has flown. Some pictures made me laugh, some reminded me of things I would rather not remember! My scanner isn't hooked up but when it is I will share some of the pictures. Someone should have told me the "perm and then try to straighten it" look wasn't working. I think I had that hair-do for 3/4 of my life! And thanks to everyone that didn't bother telling me I had gained the FRESHMAN 30 - I WAS CHUBBA LUBBA! I went through my freshman year book and Dusty wrote "I hope we get along the rest of our lives!" It is crazy how it worked out :)... I read my journal from 7th grade and noticed every entry was about Jackie Labrum. One of my saddest days was when she was leaving for New Mexico for 10 days and I didn't know what I was going to do! Oh, the good ole days when we went to the tree house in the gulch and called each other every night to see if we would ride bikes or walk to school the next day. Then of course there were all the pictures of Dusty and I at the high school dances and letters from Amy Aland about PCC and TSS! This is what she wrote in my yearbook our freshman year:

Carol,
I am so glad we have become true blue friends. I will love you deeply until the end. I hope that we can be best of friends forever and ever. Especially in our house in Oregon. We are going to be so rich. We are going to steal our husband's money and run off. My heart of friendship will always be beating with you. Don't worry I am not gay I swear!!! Blah blah blah Love, Amy

Amy and I had this great plan that we were going to live in Oregon and we both ended in NEOLA, UTAH!

6 thoughts:

Nancy Mc said...

I've checked everyday for an update-I've missed your posts. To bad we can't take those old memories and pictures and make them look as good as we thought we looked. Can't wait to see them...

Nicole said...

Where has the time gone in just the last 5 years. Our kids our growing up so fast, it brings tears to my eyes. Bring on the pictures. I can't wait to see them.

Trent and Amy said...

Oh my gosh I am awesome!!!!!!!!!

Trent and Amy said...

why Oregon???

Unknown said...

HAHAHA!!! OK guys... Here's the deal... I know I wasn't invited so I'm inviting myself. Let's alllll steal our husbands money and run off!! hehehe

Isaak and Jackie said...

Wow! I am glad that you kept a good journal so that I could remember some of the good ole times along with you. Thanks for not mentioning anything mean about me and for being one of my greatest friends. How fun to look back at the past!