


For Valentine's Rayce had Payden over and we made sugar cookies. I was in a hurry to pick Rayce up from school and couldn't find my yummy, yummy recipe. I searched through a book and found one that looked similar. I mixed it up and when the cookies came out they were pretty flat - mine are usually think and soft. I went back to the recipe to see if I missed something and nope - I didn't. I knew there was something missing... EGGS - it didn't call for any eggs! They still tasted yummy - but didn't look that way. I was a little ticked because sugar cookies are pretty time consuming and make a big mess with lots of dishes - so I wanted them to turn out perfect!A couple months ago I was at my Aunt Nancy's house whom is a VERY good cook. She had made sugar cookies and then on the frosting put coconut. I put some of mine and I thought they were very tasty! (But I love coconut!)
Payden took some home to his mom and a cute little card that they decorated for like 30 minutes. We had a lot of sprinkles everywhere! Ridge just hung out in the kitchen - he wanted to eat them and not decorate!

7 thoughts:
Thanks once again for entertaining my kid. I need copies of those pictures. They are so cute!
Sugar cookies are time consuming. Looks like fun. The sleeping pictures are to funny.
That stinks that they didn't turn out perfect...that's annoying with any recipe! But I think the cookies look delish! Send me some :) I need something to cheer me up!
They look yummy! Kids have so much un with the decorating, or should I say eating. I am putting my recipe here. Not that is the the best, but it really is very good.
1 c butter
1 c sour cream
2 c sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp soda
7-8 c flour. The dough will be sticky. Cool before you roll them out. Bake at 350° for about8-9 minutes. Frost when cool.
The sleeping pictures are funny.
You always do such fun things with your kids. I'm lazy, I buy those sugar cookie packages with the hearts in the middle. Maybe I will try your aunts recipe!! A good sugar cookie is sounding really good right now. My problem is I eat half the dough before they get baked!!
They look so YUMMY! Cookies are the best. It looks like the boys had so much fun. I love coconut on the sugar cookies too, it is the best!
Just read the other comments...my mom's recipe is the best.
Post a Comment