Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

We had a great Thanksgiving weekend. First we went to the Olsen house for dinner. Then we went to my parents for dinner. We were stuffed. We always go and get our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. We officially have the ugliest tree but also the best. Our kids pick out the tree and decorate it. Sometimes it is hard not to fix it but the kids love it and thats what is is all about. This year after we had it all decorated it fell over. We put it back up and a couple hours later it fell over again. We put up a tree over 10 feet this year so I think our stand was to small. Sheril saved the day and brought us over a new stand and it hasn't fallen again yet - we're keeping our fingers crossed. Dusty had the flu yesterday but was still a trooper and put up the tree 3 times and helped decorated it. We had triple the fun and the kids got to decorate the tree 3 times - they were happy :)...
Ridge pulled down every ornament he could reach. The bottom 3 feet no longer have any decorations!

Rayce was getting frustrated because Ridge was pulling off all of the ornaments. He figured out to get a chair so Ridge couldn't reach them anymore.

Can you tell where Wayke put all of his ornaments? It was so cute. By the end there was about 12 all on the same branch.

We had another great year decorating the tree. We love our tradition to go and get the tree from the mountains. We definatley do it for our kids. It isn't always the cutest tree but it always has memories.

5 thoughts:

Isaak and Jackie said...

Carol, I think it is awesome that you let your kids decorate the tree that takes a lot of patience and discipline. You are right it is about the memories but it is still so hard to not have "the perfect" tree.

Nicole said...

Love the family picture. I love the idea of going and cutting down the tree every year, maybe one time we will. I think it is great that you let the kids decorate, I can't wait to have a "pretty one" maybe in about five years or so, and then again, maybe not.

The McKenna Family said...

This year I decided to have 2 trees. I have my "pretty" tree in the family room and then the "traditional" tree in the living room, which all have been re-decorated several times by Dre! Gotta love it! I like your tree, I don't think it is ugly!!!!

Nancy Mc said...

I really LOL when I saw the picture of Wayke putting on the decorations. I love the tradition of going to get a tree-but I also love the pre-lite tree in the basement. Saves DD from the frustration of lights. The memories...it is why we do what we do.
Love the family picture.

Jeri Dawn said...

I am laughing so hard imagining your tree falling over three times! The kids decorated our tree this year too. We have a ring of ornaments around the middle section that is quite thick. I think Jason moved a few up and down so it didn't look soo bad.