I read on Jessica's and Heather's blogs 10 things they are thankful for. I think it is very important to realize the things we are thankful for. Sometimes it gets so easy to complain but I believe there is always something to be thankful for.
1: The Gospel - I am so thankful for the knowledge of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Also, to know that my family is a forever family and I will be able to live with them throughout eternity. I am grateful for the atonement and that I can repent daily for the things that I have done wrong.
2: Dusty - He is the greatest guy in the world. He is so good to our kids and would do anything for them or me. He is a man of integrity and honor. He is very gentle and loving and kind and considerate. He not only treats me and our kids good, he treat everyone around him with the same respect. It doesn't matter if he is having a bad day or things might not be going as well as he would like nobody would ever know it. He sill puts other peoples feelings first no matter how he is feeling. He has so many Christ-Like attributes. I can't say enough good about Dusty. He is the greatest dad and husband!
3: Rayce - My first born baby has brought so much joy to our home. He is so loving and caring. When I am having a bad day he is the first to walk up and give me and hug and say "I love you." He has a very gentle heart and wears his feeling out on his sleeves. He is a very fast learner. Just this week he has started reading and can read almost all 2, 3, or 4 letter words. We are so proud of him.
4: Wayke - My second baby that I thought we would never have. Most know that we were told we might not have any more kids. I was thrilled the day I found out I was pregnant with Wayke. He is such a lovable kid. When we are at the grocery store or in public he is the first one everyone notices. His big brown eyes and dark skin attract people and then his cute personality brings them in more. He is a people person and attracts the eye of everyone around him.
5: Ridge - My baby that I hope stays little forever. He is so fun and his personality is growing each day. He is very mild tempered and is the biggest mamma's boy. If I am having a bad day or frustrated I can hold Ridge and his sweet spirit always lightens my mood. He follows me around the house all day long. You can always find Ridge on my feet or hip!
6: Friends - I have many true friends that I can count on. Many will call me just to find out how my day is going. I can call them when I need to vent or just have adult conversation. I am so thankful for my friends and all they do for me.
7: Christmas - This is my very favorite time of year. I love all the celebrating and time we spend together as a family. We do many family traditions from getting the tree to shopping for presents. My boys make Christmas even more fun. I love seeing their eyes light up as we talk about Jesus and his birthday.
8: Family - I am very thankful for my family and Dusty's family. My mom does so much for me and my kids. I love each member of our family. Staci, my sister, and my Aunt Nancy are two of my favorite people in this world. They are always there to listen to me talk and are constantly checking up to see how I am doing. They remember our conversations and that means so much to me.
9: Home - It is so nice to have a place to call home. Where we can escape all of our troubles and be together as a family. When we are all at home I feel safe and secure. Our home is a safe haven for our family.
10: Health - I am so thankful for my health. There was a time that I wasn't able to get up and move around and I hurt so bad I would have rather died. I prayed and promised that if I ever felt good again I would never take my health for granted. I am so thankful for a healthy body.
I could list many more but I will stop at 10. I love Thanksgiving and Christmas and am thankful for the time I get to spend together with my 3 children and husband.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
10 things I am thankful for!
Posted by Dusty and Carol at 10:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 thoughts:
Way to go with the reading Rayce! That is so awesome! I went to Twilight yesterday...and I want to go again! LOL Funny because Bella was actually pretty annoying to me, but I still LOVED the movie. Where are you BTW...I tried to call.
I loved this post. We all have so many things to be thankful for. I just love you, and your darling family.
Nice post. Believe it or not but you sure make me want to be a better person.
I ment that in a good way.
Rumors you gotta love them. I haven't seen the movie yet but have heard nothing but good about it.
Tell Rayce good job on reading that is so awesome.
Sorry I have not done your post yet. It seems like it will take some time and some more time for thinking and I have not had much of either of them.
Thanks for sharing your blessings it is so easy to focus on the negative but I appreciate you bringing the positive into light. I didn't know about your health problems I am glad you are better
Hey Carol, Darwin just tagged you!
Hey I like your diet program! I can always find chocolate at your house! And just let me know each time you go to twilight!
Post a Comment