Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween & 10 K

A friend of mine told me that I leave town more than anyone she knows. Well, I have decided she might be right. We just returned from California and we went to Ogden/Logan this weekend. We went trick or treating with Nicole and her boys on Saturday night. Nancy came with us and the kids. On Saturday morning I went to Logan to run 6.2 miles (10k). Dusty and Nancy came up and brought the boys. My cousin Jason also ran 3.1 miles (5K). I had my personal best time of 49:24. I averaged a 7:58 minute mile. Which is the fastest I have ever run. I have to thank Staci for this. I always ran a 9-10 minute mile and thought I couldn't go any faster. In July I ran a half marathon with her and she kept me running hard the whole time. I think we averaged about a 8:13 minute mile (And that was for 13.1 miles!) I realized I was capable of running faster than I had been. So thanks Staci for making me run harder!

Anyway.... I took 3rd place in my age group and 16 out of 75 women. It was one of my best races and the most fun. It was a really enjoyable 6.2 miles :)

Then we went back to Nancy's house for the afternoon. Around 5:00 her family all came for dinner for Dave's birthday. I had asked Nancy to ask them all if they wanted to play Bunco. We planned a game night and had so much fun. Of course I forgot my camera :(

A BIG THANKS TO NANCY AND HER FAMILY.
We always have so much fun when we go out. Dusty even went with us this time - I think the last time he saw most of them was over 3 years ago. I usually see all of them every couple of months - - - because I love to go up and visit them! I can't wait until my next trip :)

9 thoughts:

Nicole said...

Glad you made it back home safe. Thanks for coming and spending time with us, we ALWAYS LOVE IT! We were so glad that Dusty made it too. Hope to see you guys again soon. Congrats on your best time ever!!!

Nancy Mc said...

It was so fun to have you all here this weekend. I agree with Nicole that it was fun to have Dusty here too. The McK family loves it when you come.
Congratulations on your best time-you are an awesome runner and a real inspiration to me! Love those boys TOO!!!!!!! They are just so cute.

Jeri Dawn said...

It was sooo much fun! It was good to see your hubby too and the boys--family is fun. Hope to see you again soon.

ronnieandjess said...

Congrats to you. That is awesome. Glad you had so much fun. It is always fun to be with family.

Darwin, Jen, Jensyn, Hurley, Violet, and Daphne said...

I can't wait for your next trip either. It is ALWAYS so fun when you are here. I loved playing Bunco too. Good job with the 10K. You really amaze me.

suelyn w said...

I'm glad that you had fun and way to go with the time, you'd kick my can any day of the week! I love the picture of the family at the race, I bet that it was nice to have that support group cheering you on as you finished.

Staci said...

Sounds like a really fun weekend. Great job on your race! I guess I am going to have to do another race to make sure I am still faster than you! Of course, that won't be until after you motivate me to get back into shape after this whole baby business.

Trent and Amy said...

oh carol only you (and I guess all the other people you run with)! Tell Dusty to suit up next time. I want to see him in those shorts. tweet twoo!

Isaak and Jackie said...

I am amazed that you have a smile on your face after running many miles. Good job!