Sunday, June 22, 2008

12 WOMEN * 29 HOURS * 182 MILES

This weekend I ran the Ragnar Relay - Wasatch Back. It was incredible. We started at 8:40 am on Friday in Logan and ended at 2:15 pm on Saturday in Park City. We had 12 women. Our van included: Karen Woolstenhulme, Deb Richards, Staci Fausett, Sue Denver-Betts, Alexis Benson, Myself and our driver - Jenny Benson. The other van had Kim Labrum, Alicia Foster, Jenna Foster, Alawna Eldredge, Laura Duncan, KaeCee Arnold and their driver Matt Duncan. Our van would run our 6 legs then take a break while the other van ran their six legs. Then it was our turn again. While the opposite van ran we would go to the place where we were to begin and take a break - get something to eat - get a massage :). We each ran 3 different legs.
This is me as I was finishing the first leg on my race. I was runner #5. It was uphill on a dry dirt road at 1:00 pm. It was hot, dusty, and FUN!!! I ran a total of 18 miles during my 3 legs. This was by far my hardest leg of the race.
We had so much fun in our van. We cheered each other on. The cheers got pretty dull when we started again at 4:00 am on Saturday morning - but hey - we still cheered. (Sue Dever-Betts is not pictured because she was running.)
Staci and I at the finish line. We hadn't slept for 2 days and wanted to pass out. We all ran across the finish line with our final runner, Alawna Eldredge. There were so many people there. Staci was our first runner and we got lost on our way to find her. She had to wait 15 minutes after she had ran for us to come. (Your next runner is suppose to be waiting so they can take off.)
This is our whole team after we had finished. Today I am sore and tired and can't wait to do it next year. These two days will always be incredible memories. If anyone wants to do it next year - let me know - I would LOVE to put a team together!!! I can't put in to words how much fun I had. Thanks Kim for asking me to be on the team!!!

11 thoughts:

ronnieandjess said...

Looks like alot of work and I bet it was fun. You will have to talk to me next year on (maybe) being on the team it sounds like fun. I will work my hardest between now and then. Ha Ha. You and your sister look just a like.

Nicole said...

I'm glad it was worth it, and you will do it again next year. Glad we got to see you.

Darwin, Jen, Jensyn, Hurley, Violet, and Daphne said...

That is so amazing to me. Congratulations on doing so well. It was fun to see you, I think that is my favorite thing about you running.

Nancy Mc said...

CONRATULATIONS! I am glad that you enjoyed it so much. Is there a really easy spot out of the 12????(Hint)Sounds like lots of fun.
Thanks for coming to stay here. WE ALL enjoyed it so much. We love to see you and visit with you!

Staci said...

Count on me for next year! That was so much fun! Woo. LOL

Jeri Dawn said...

Hey, how fun! I was actually very negative when I first heard about this, but the more people I talk to the more fun it sounds. I have had several friends express a desire to try it out next year. Could be fun.

Megan said...

Congratulations! you are an inspiration. Give me couple years and maybe I'll be running there with ya!

Mel said...

You are the WOMAN! I so suck at running it's not even funny! And it's fun to see you and your sister are close still, you guys look so much alike.

Unknown said...

I'm going to stop complaining about not being a bean pole! That really does look like you guys had fun! I don't know where the heck I've been... I missed about 4 of your blogs and had to catch up.

So when I decide that I'm a runner I'm definitely joining your team. OR we can sign up the mouse! I know it likes to run.

Unknown said...

I'm going to stop complaining about not being a bean pole! That really does look like you guys had fun! I don't know where the heck I've been... I missed about 4 of your blogs and had to catch up. So when I decide that I'm a runner I'd definitely join your team. OR we can sign up the mouse! I know it likes to run.

Adree said...

I had a bunch of friends from heber run it and they all said it was the hardest thing ever. I guess that means you are a mean, lean, running machine :) :)