Saturday, July 5, 2008

My Baby's sitting (Finally)

Ridge has started to put on weight and now looks just like Wayke. He is so cute and is getting a cute little personality. I love his smile and his big blue eyes. When he wakes up in the morning - it is so fun to see his huge grin when you pick him up out of bed.
Here are his cute blue eyes.

The day has come that I never thought would. Ridge is finally sitting up!!! I still put pillows behind him because he sometimes forgets he can't just lay down. Only 8 months old - not bad :)
I have no pictures of our July 4th celebration. My camera is full and I can't delete any pictures until I print them off. I took some with Cameron's camera - but we all know it could be an eternity before I get them. Dusty and I decided to try something different this year. We stayed home most of the holiday and wanted to start making some of our own family traditions. We had a BBQ and swimming party, we did go to the parade, threw rocks in the river, rode 4-wheelers, and put up hay - lots and lots of hay!!! The boys are content (actually prefer) just to stay home when their dad is here - so we decided to give it a try this year. We had a lot of fun as a family - just playing and not worrying about the list of things that aren't done.
I did run the half marathon and got a personal best time - 1 hour and 48 minutes. It was all thanks to Staci that wouldn't let me slow down - AT ALL. I felt like the last mile I was sprinting and she kept asking me "think you can go a little faster?" She would have got a better time but she was nice and stayed with me - AND RAN MY LEGS OFF! I am so happy she did now - but I have to say - I wanted to quit in the middle :)!!!

12 thoughts:

Nancy Mc said...

Congratulations! on your personal best! A 1/2 marathon still seems so long to me. (though if I can figure it out-how to sign up on- line, I am going to do Logans 1/2)
Your 4th traditions sound great. Everyone has to do what works best for them, as long as it is FUN!. Ridge is SO cute!

Staci said...

Wait a minute...I was just trying to keep up with you! Are you saying that we didn't have to run so fast!? We did do a pretty dang good job though, good teamwork! Thanks for getting me into all this running, I've had a great time this visit! Gonna miss ya!

Unknown said...

Crazy marathon woman! I'm glad you can make it... I thought that walking a pole, running a pole was challenging! AND HOLY CRAP!!! What is up with every joint & muscle hurting... I thought after 3 days I'd feel better! DIDN'T HAPPEN. Any suggestions?

Trent and Amy said...

I'm glad you had a stress free 4th of July!

ronnieandjess said...

Good Job, you gotter done again and I just sat home again. I did have a few thought about it but that was it. You are a great worker and mom. That is cool you had such a great 4th.

Nicole said...

Way to go. I can not believe how much you love to run. I wish I loved it like you, and then I could have the body you have. Glad you started your own traditions.

The Rook Family said...

I noticed you guys weren't at the kid's rodeo and the dinners, Carol! Missed seeing you and those three cute boys. LOVE Ridge's big baby blues,too. What a lil' cutie.

Adree said...

I think you were just being a party pooper!!!! I really don't blame you thought because by the Friday night I was readdy to crash.

Darwin, Jen, Jensyn, Hurley, Violet, and Daphne said...

Good Job on getting a great time. I bet you and Staci helped each other out (it is motivating to be with someone else...not that I really know, I don't run.) Ridge is so cute. I think it is great that he is sitting. I think family traditions are the best. I wanted to come to your house this year for the 4th. Maybe someday soon.

Mel said...

I'm with you on staying home on the 4th and doing your own thing. We've been out of town for the last two and have really missed just seeing our local fireworks. Congrats on the recent accomplishments, too (baby's and yours!).

Megan said...

What a cutie he is!

Patti, Danny, & Mariel said...

Ridge is SOOO cute! I love making new family traditions. I look forward to doing things for my kids on the holidays. Things they will remember and what to do with their families. : )