Tuesday, January 10, 2012

THE NEXT 6 MONTHS

I have heard many times "life isn't fair".  We'll I think you make life as fair as you can for your kids. So all my kids get taken off the bottle at 2 years old, no Binky's after 1, potty trained very soon after 2, and sleep in a bed by 2 also.  So this is a lot of things that have to happen right around 2.  And when I say "I makes things fair" reality is, things aren't fair but I pretend in my little mind.  If things were fair I wouldn't have 3 kids who name begin with a R and 1 begin with a W.  Which has many times made me wonder if we should have baby #5 and name it something with a W so Wayke doesn't feel bad...  But is that a justifiable reason to have a baby???

Anyway, my baby is turning 2 in less than 4 months.  I thought I better get my "done by 2" list started.  So we turned his crib into a bed.  Range has slept in his own room, in his own bed, since he was born.  (Minus about 2 months he was in a bassinet)  The past 20 months have been a terrible experience if we go camping or stay in a motel.  He doesn't sleep well with people in the room or with people.  He wonders around all night and cries.  It really is a horrible experience.  I am ready for him to sleep with his brothers so this summer will be fun!  We can go camping and I won't stress all day that I am going to be up all night.  So back to the big bed.  We have made the transition first just to the bed in his own room then in about a month I will move him in to sleep with his brothers.  People think I am crazy that all 4 kids will sleep in the same room but I like it.  I will have a "sleeping" room with only beds and a "play" room with the toys.  So here is my 6 months plan, we will see how it goes:
Jan 10 - Put Range in his own bed
Feb 10 - Range sleep with boys
April 19 - Off the bottle
June 1 - Start potty training - hopefully trained by by June 15!
Now if I can get all of this done it will be a wonderful summer.  I keep telling Dusty all the transitions are a terrible three days... (Oh, except the potty training.  That seems to take 10 days around this house) We will see how they go :)

2 thoughts:

Nancy Mc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy Mc said...

Life is not fair...and then we DIE! AND THAT is definitely not fair. Lots to get done in a few short months. Let me be the first to officially ask...so are you are announcing with a W name?