Saturday, March 14, 2009

WE OFFICIALLY LIVE ON A FARM












As if the 170 cows, 3 horses, and 6 bulls didn't qualify us to call ourselves farmers - we now have more. The 18 chicks I hatched are now big CHICKENS. Then I decided I needed some more chicks, oh and why not get some baby ducks too! The boys have always loved rabbits so why not add 2 of those... Then a cow wouldn't claim her calf so lets put it in the chicken coop too! So our running total is... 18 chickens, 11 chicks, 3 ducks, 2 rabbits, and one calf all in the chicken coop! (By the time we feed the calf 2 or 3 times a day, feed and water all the other animals and we have been feeding all the BIG cows too - its a big JOB! Now I can say I have a J.....O......B!) Oh, and I have 31 eggs in the incubator :)
IF YOU WANT TO WIN A SOME MARY KAY GO TO http://darwinandjen.blogspot.com/

7 thoughts:

Unknown said...

Make sure Bigfoot doesn't eat your calves and chicks... OH AND YOU!!!

Nicole said...

Holy COW what fun your kids are having. Glad you are such a nice mom and let them have all those animals.

ronnieandjess said...

Double LOL!! I love it. You are loving it just as much as your kids are, don't kid yourself. You go out to the chicken coupe and check on all of them when your kids aren't looking, don't you. Dusty is rubbing off onto you isn't he? (in a good way) I am jealous, I just don't want all of the chores.

Nancy Mc said...

Love the picitures! Didn't you always know that you are a 'farmgirl' at heart?

Trent and Amy said...

you need a dog.

The McKenna Family said...

Holy Crap! I can't even talk Cade into a rabbit! You should charge a fee for your petting zoo, I'll bring my kids over!!

Staci said...

That's a lot of animals! Poor Taft has been begging for ONE pet for months and I refuse! Your kids are lucky!