Saturday, December 20, 2008

We're Crazy

Last year Staci, my little sister, and I went to the city shopping. We were about to leave Provo at around 5:00 pm and my mom called and said she was on her way out and asked us to stay and shop with her. We did and ended up getting home around 4:00 or 5:00 am. All year I thought about how much fun that was and I wanted to do it again this year. Well.....


Yesterday Trent was flying in from Denver. There was a huge storm coming in. I didn't want Staci to have to ride by herself so I decided to go with her. Then Jesse asked us to give him a ride to Nephi. We left Roosevelt around 2:30 pm and I had call after call telling me we shouldn't go. People that had been through Strawberry and people out on the Wasatch Front said we should turn around. But... Trent needed to be picked up and Jesse needed to get to Nephi. We continued a VERY SLOW ride through Strawberry and was VERY SCARED quite a few times. It took hours longer than it was suppose to. To make a long story short we took Jesse to Nephi and ended up back in Provo around 8:30 pm (remember we left Roosevelt at 2:30 - long trip). Trent's flight was delayed and the two privously flights to SL had been cancelled. After calls to figure out if he was going to make it he finally got on the plane at 10:20 pm. We drove up to Salt Lake and picked him up at the airport at 12:30 am. Now we had to get back home... Well the ride home was not quite as bad as the ride out. I finally crawled into bed at 5:00 am this morning. Now that I am home safe again - I think that was fun and I should do it again next year and make it a tradition!
Ridge has become such a monkey. This is his favorite place to be. He figured out how to open each drawer so he can get to the higher drawer.
I changed my tree this year so I also got new stockings. I love them. I am finally starting to get decorations so I can put them up.
On Monday night we had the Weight's up to decorate gingerbread houses. We ate pizza and had a lot of fun.
We want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. This is our favorite time of year. We hope everyone enjoys spending time with their family and friends.
MERRY CHRISTMAS

6 thoughts:

The McKenna Family said...

Hmmm, sounds like quite a tradition, hee hee. You are a trooper. I would have turned around and said sorry Trent get a room, we'll come get you when it isn't so snowy. Just kidding, I just absolutely hate driving in the snow! Have a Merry Christmas!! Thanks for the oranges, that was so cute. I still haven't made it out to deliver my presents. Maybe they will be a Happy New Years Present!!!!!

Angie and Brian said...

Scary! Glad you made it home safe. I hate driving in bad weather. Funny the things little boys figure out how to do. Happy Holidays!

Nancy Mc said...

I love the stockings. You are brave to drive in the snow. It is so fun to have traditions, but being out until 5 am is not one that I would want to do. Nice that you and Staci could go together.

Nicole said...

It sounds like it would have been fun. Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

ronnieandjess said...

Glad that all is well with the trip, I want to know what you where watching when you took the picture of Ridge in the drawers. It looks pretty funny.

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas! xoxo