Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Tag

I was tagged through e-mail but decided to post it on my blog...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both, wrapping paper for the kids and gift bags for neighbors and others.

2. Real tree or artificial? REAL - love the smell and LOVE the tradition to take the kids to get one every year. It isn't always the cutest tree but it ALWAYS has memories :)

3. When do you put up the tree? Always the day after Thanksgiving

4. When do you take the tree down? Christmas Day - One month in my house is long enough. It is usually dry and needs to come out! We usually have it out the door by about 5:00pm Christmas night and all the decorations down.

5. Do you like Eggnog? Honestly I don't ever drink it, probably would if it didn't have so many calories :)

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Pound puppies - loved them...

7. Hardest person to buy for? Parents - Everything adults need seem to be really expensive so what do you buy?

8. Easiest person to buy for? My kids - love buying for all of them. They are so happy when they open their presents.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Embarrassed to say - no.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail - didn't know you could e-mail them.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A singing machine... Well, it was something I wanted so bad but it was to my little sister (whom I didn't get along with at the time but now I LOVE) and me. So it was the worst because I didn't want to share.

12. Favorite Christmas movie? I love Christmas but I don't watch movies... So I actually couldn't even name one :(

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? The 1st of December. I like the "feeling" of Christmas and the hussle. This year I saved my shopping for December 1 and so far have loved it.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Turkey and rolls - YUMMY

16. Lights on the tree? Color lights for sure. I love the bright fun lights and it is what my kids love too! When I am a grandma I will go with the white "pure" lights...

17. Favorite Christmas song? Hmmm, couldn't name a Christmas song either. I can't say I really like Christmas songs except the kids ones.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Christmas Eve we go to my moms and stay home on Christmas Day :)

19. Can you name all Santa's reindeer? Yes, I can

20. Angel on the tree top or Star? Neither, a bow

21. Open presents Christmas Eve or morning? A pair of PJ's for each of the kids and also one present the kids buy for each other.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Honory people because it is stressful - which I understand but you don't have to be mean!

23. Favorite ornament? I don't have one.

24. Favorite Christmas dinner? Ham, turkey, rolls, potatoes, relish tray - the usual but I love it.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? An anniversary band - Dusty thinks I am crazy.

27. What don't you want for Christmas this year? I'll take anything

28. What is something you have never done that you want to do for Christmas? I want to start traditions with our little family - like read the Christmas story and leave cookies out for Santa. Nobody really understood the whole "Christmas" thing until this year. I can't wait to start more traditions.

5 thoughts:

Nicole said...

Hey we have a lot of the same answers. After going to everyones house all day on Christmas, I can not wait to get back home and take down all the Christmas.

Adree said...

Hey I need you address to send you a christmas card. Email me @ adree_bingham@hotmail.com

Isaak and Jackie said...

that is a fun tag, I can't believe you don't have a favorite Christmas movie or song we'll have to do something about that. You are a fun person.

Staci said...

Well that was a fun read! What was this singing machine and why don't I remember it? Oh, also you really should watch Christmas movies and listen to Christmas music, there is some good stuff out there!

Darwin, Jen, Jensyn, Hurley, Violet, and Daphne said...

Why do you have to be a grandma to have white lights? I love reading these posts though. I am impressed with how ambitious you are with your Christmas decorations. Kids sure do make holidays amazing.