*Warning: Probably will be boring to read!*
(But I like to keep it for my information)
I am training to run a marathon in May. Staci and I signed up for the Ogden Marathon. Every Saturday we run our long distance run. This Saturday happened to be a 15 mile run. We ran it in 2:02 - which is about a 8:07 minute mile. At mile 13 we were at a faster time than I have ever ran a half marathon - even in a race. I believe we were about 1:45. I was really tired the last 3 miles but I made it. Staci made me sprint the last mile. I thought I was sprinting all 15! This Saturday we will run 18 miles, the next Saturday 21, and then finish with 24. We will will have a week off then run the marathon on May 21! I am glad that I am training with Staci. She really pushes me to run faster. When I was tired at mile 12, if I was alone, I would have really slowed down. She made me keep the pace for the rest of our run!
1 thoughts:
Wow that is fast! Glad that you are training....makes me a bit jealous.
Post a Comment