Sunday, April 17, 2011

LIFE IS BUSY

I know everyones life is busy. Sometimes I honeslty can't believe how much we have going on. I seem to keep adding more and more and more. Right now I am in charge of the t-ball league in Roosevelt. Which means I have to put 270 kids on a team, make a game schedule, inform the coaches about the rules. I send out numberous e-mails each day to keep up with peoples questions. Next, I am helping with the Easter Egg hunt in Neola. This just takes me sending out flyers, buying prizes and eggs, talking on the phone and trying to figure things out. I am also the secretary for Neola Water and Sewer District. I have a real love/hate relationship with this job. Some days I really love it and I don't want to give it up. Then, it never fails, on a holiday someone will need something. I have to make 100 phone calls to get someones water shut off, or someone has a break, or someone just wants to call me to tell me they made their payment. And yes, a lady really does that. She will call me non-stop - back to back to back - until I answer the phone to tell me she sent her payment.... WIERD! And then I am a secretary for Dusty's company. This includes keeping the bills paid, deposits made, insurance people informed, DOT happy, rules, regulations, blah blah blah... It is very time consuming. And now we are working on another business deal that I will blog about later in the week. And then, I have 4 kids. 4 kids that need fed, clothed, bathed, dressed, teeth brushed, read to, and just kept happy. And of all my "jobs" this is my favorite. I love my kids and I love to see them grow. They are growing so fast and learning new things. Range is learning so much each day. I believe he can already say a few words like hi and mamma and dadda. He is crawling all around the house and is just the cutest thing. Ridge is speaking better and better. He still has a little lisp and I think it is so cute to hear him talk. He loves to be with Dusty and the cows. Wayke has grown up so much these last 6 months. He has become a very good helper. He is learning so much with his numbers and letters. He will be 5 and should be going to kindergarten this year. We have decided to keep him home for another year. I talk to his preschool teacher about it. She believed he would do well in school. But he is very shy. For a long time I thought he was rude because he wouldn't talk to people when they talked to him. I realized the last couple of months that he is very shy and doesn't like to talk to adults. Rayce is very smart. He is going to be 8 in about 10 months. I can't believe I will have a kid getting baptized. Rayce does very well at school. His teacher said he needs to read about 45 words a minute by the end of 1st grade. On his last test he read 76 words a minute correct. He loves math and is already working on his times tables. Again, my kids make me happier than anything else. On Wednesday I two people call me, one with the t-ball and one with Neola Water and Sewer District. They both got mad at me. The t-ball lady told me I was prejuduce because I had put more Native Americans on one team than the other teams. The guy who called me about Neola Water said that I didn't follow proper procdures and legally I had to do things different. I was so stressed out by the end of Wednesday. I decided that those things didn't matter - only my kids matter. On Thursday morning I left my phone behind and we took the kids to Provo to Jump On It and Chuch-E-Cheese's. The kids had a ball and I loved not having phone calls. When I got home I had missed about 18 calls. I didn't care because I had FUN with my kids - and that's what matters!!!

2 thoughts:

Nancy Mc said...

The family is what matters. And you sound like you are VERY busy. Smart of you to leave it all at home and take the kids and have fun for the day.

Nicole said...

Holy cow wonder woman!! Maybe you should slow down a little!! ;) I sure hope things slow down for you soon! You are my hero! Missing you and your cute boys!