Saturday, April 23, 2011

18 MILES RUN

Yesterday we did our 18 mile run. I was shocked when we finished and found out we averaged a 7:58 per mile. It took us 2:24 to finish it. I felt so good until mile 14 and then I really started stuggling. Again, Staci kept pushing me and we finished in what I thought was a really good time. (However, when I was just about dead and said "can we go a little slower" she replied with "I thought we were going slow!) I sometimes wish she would leave me because I think she could get an AWESOME time without me. Thanks Staci for the fun run - can't wait until next Saturday's 21 miler ;)

3 thoughts:

Nancy Mc said...

WOW! That is fast! What is your goal for the marathon? I hope you both will be rewarded for all your training efforts.

jamck said...

Yes - that is a great time! What is your goal for the marathon?

Staci said...

Should we be setting a goal time? I think my goal is not to cry. In our first marathon I pretty much was in tears with 2 miles left and Carol made me keep running. I can't get it out of my head that I cried while running. It won't happen again! LOL