Today was the Easter Egg hunt in Neola. There were 3 age groups and we had kids in each age group. Dusty took Ridge, I took Wayke, and Rayce had to go by himself. When it was all over we went and found Rayce. He was sitting on a table crying. He had only been able to get 2 eggs. He is not an aggressive kid. If him and another kid were at the same egg, he wouldn't fight for it. But he was really sad that he only had got 2. I talked to him about it and said it was ok, I was glad that he is the way he is. He then told me a story that another kid was crying and Rayce asked him what was wrong. The kid had only got 1 egg. Rayce said he felt bad for the kid so he said "Here you can have one of mine." I told Rayce that Dusty and I were happy with him that he shares and cares about other kids feelings. It was a proud moment for me. I want my kids to be good kids - and think about others.
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 thoughts:
awwww what a good kid! I need to go run with you and Staci...at least for a mile :)
Ditto to previous comments. I am thinking that Rayce learned to be thoughtful and giving from his parents!
He is such a sweet kid! I'm sorry that he was sad about the hunt, but you are right about wanting him to think of others. It is so rare.
Post a Comment