Rayce had his first t-ball game yesterday. To say the least, it didn't go so good. He had talked about it all day long and couldn't wait to go. As soon as we pulled in, he starting crying. Not whining - full out CRYING. We got his shirt on him and thought he would calm down. NOPE - wrong - kept crying. He played out field and CRIED and CRIED. He batted - and CRIED. Dusty had to run to each base with him. (Good thing Dusty was a good sport and just kept encouraging him) Then he went back to the out field and like a switch, stopped. He had fun in the out field. He batted and hit the ball almost to 2nd base without the tee. (So why is it called t-ball???) He even ran the bases by himself! This morning he said "mom, I can't wait for my second t-ball game." I asked him why he cried and he said because he was scared the other team was going to win him... He has another game tomorrow so I hope he does better!
I read this on my sister, Staci's, blog. (I hope you don't hate me for stealing it - at least I gave you credit!!!) I love this poem - so cute and true.
Babies Don't Keep
I hope that my child looking back on today,
remembers a mother who had time to play.
Children grow up while we're not looking.
There'll be years ahead for cleaning and cooking.
So cobwebs be quiet and dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.



8 thoughts:
At least Rayce liked it after all. Boston would not even go to his game last night. He may be done for the season. As far as baked goods go... I really wanted a fresh cookie, because I ate way too much candy yesterday.
I think it is hard to make kids do things that are 'suppose' to be fun if they don't want to do it. Good thing he changed his mind. Hope he enjoys the next one. How did Dusty do on the base running? ;-)
You better get him pumped up for tonight's game!!! It would be horrible if we lost! ( oh wait we can't lose) He did awesome once he got into it. How did you get such a shy kid?
Look like he had some fun. I love the quote or saying. I need it on my fridge.
T-ball!? How fun! I hope that he has a game when we come back to visit. Kinda bitter sweet when they get older and big enough for new stuff though. Taft has promised me that he just wants to be 4, and then he will stay 4. Oh and by the way. He keeps saying "naner naner" (don't know how to spell that) and telling me that it's okay to say that because Rayce says that! LOL Can't wait to come back and get them together again. They are too cute playing together.
Hey Carol,
Thanks so much for posting, it was so good to hear from you. I have thought about you so many times but didn't really know how to get in touch with you. I can't believe you have 3 boys, you are a brave mama!!! E-mail me anytime and we can keep in touch, my e-mail is on my blog.
Big Hugs!!!
That poem is so cute, I love it! Go Rayce! Have fun with T-Ball!
I just want to know what the treat is for the next game?
Post a Comment