I ran a half marathon yesterday in Ogden. It was the best race I have ever ran. It was very pretty, cool, and down hill. We ran down the Ogden Canyon. My cousin, Jason, ran the full marathon. It was so fun to see someone finish it. If you have never been to the finish of a marathon - you should. It actually is very emotional and inspiring! I would highly recommend running the Ogden Marathon and not Salt Lake - I can't brag on it enough. I really enjoyed it.
I ran it in 1:59. I was very happy to be under 2 hours. (Even if it was only by a minute.) I took 573 out of 1852 runners. I also was the 266 women to come in out of 1193. I had a great time and can't wait to do it next year!!!
A thanks to Aunt Nancy for letting me stay at her house. (And watching Ridge while I ran). I went out Friday night. We stayed up until 1:30 am and I had to get up at 3:50 am to make it to the bus on time. To say the least, I didn't have much sleep. Then, I decided to stay another night so I could get some rest before I came home. Well that didn't happen. We stayed up until after 1:00 am and Ridge woke up around 6:50 am. It is just to fun at Nancy's house to go to bed. Most her kids came over and we talked and talked and talked!!! (Thanks McKellar Family - I had a blast out there!!!)
10 thoughts:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You are awesome and inspiring. We all had so much fun spending time with you and Ridge. Come anytime....when you can stand a few days without much sleep.
You are seriously an animal and a little crazy. I wish I had enough will power to do what you do. Don't read my last blog post because you will think I'm such a baby.
You Rock Carol! It was fun seeing you, glad we could be part of the party! Jason says, "Way to go Carol! It was inspiring to see someone near the finish line that I know who knew what I was going through." See you at the Top of Utah (which is a qualifying race!)--our house is open to you!
Way to go! I'm glad you stayed another night. It is always so fun to see you. Can't wait to come see you.
some day I want to be like you! But right now I think i will go make some nachos and watch a movie. Seriously that's awesome! I remember when Kelli finished her marathon she bawled her eyes out!
I am so glad that you came. It was very fun to spend time with you. Great job on the race too. The results were printed in the Standard Examiner today. I can't believe how fun it was to be at the finish line of a marathon.
Good Job, but I am with amy though I think I will have the nacho's and a movie. PS I love you is on PPV. Keep up the good work maybe next time. Ha Ha. Your kids are growing up fast and look all the same. What a cute family.
Like I've said before... I would have laid down and died before I got to the 2 mile mark! I think it's awesome that you did so well... I'd probably be bragging to everyone and get the #'s printed up and stuck on my car! LOOKIE WHAT I DID! But... that's just me.
You did great! Good job!
Holy crap! (Don't tell my kids I said that) he, he. I can't believe you did a marathon, let along two! That's awesome. Thanks for checking out our blog. I'm not very good at it, but it's fun. Your kids are very adorable as well. Little boys are fun, aren't they?
You are so awesome! That must be a fabulous marathon, I know several people who really enjoyed it :)
Post a Comment