Monday, April 14, 2008

WE LOVE SATURDAY

* Dusty * Rayce * Wayke * Ridge ** Wayke in the calf chute *
* Wayke and Strayden playing around *

Rayce playing in the calf chute. They weren't allowed to play in it after they branded, just before. If you have ever see calves get branded, you know why!

Rayce still playing!!!

Dusty is trying to get everything ready. He says this is almost as good as Christmas Day. He loves anything to do with his cows!

Our favorite day of the week is Saturday. We really had a lot of fun this last one. First, Dusty went to a service project and Rayce went with him. Rayce was so excited he got to go. When he got home he told me all about helping dad. The I took my last Saturday long run before my marathon. Just saying that gives me butterflies! Then we did one of Dusty's favorite things - branded cows. I always have a very important job, writing down heifers or steers. (I think Dusty just wants me to feel important so he gives me a job!) Last, we had lunch with everyone. (Most of the Olsen family) Then we went and visited my mom. My brothers came over so we all watched the Jazz game. We all had a really good day.

8 thoughts:

Nicole said...

I love to see pictures of your family. You should try to get in few more. I really think you should e-mail me and we can set up a day and time for us to come out. Hope you do well in the marathon. Good Luck!

ronnieandjess said...

Oh, i kind of miss the whole branding stuff. My mom informed me that I get to help while I am down there when my sister is here. I will really get to see if I miss it. Sounds like you had fun. I remember having that job too. Keep up the good work. I am excited for you to on running your marathon and glad that it is you and not me. Ha Ha...i think I will stick to the Big oh Neola one.

Unknown said...

OK... So then replace one of them with Catch & Release. And the other with Failure to launch. I might have one better than that. But definitely catch and release! :)

Unknown said...

I've already thought of one that I like better!! 50 First Dates... I love that one :) ok

Staci said...

Oh I am so sad that I missed the branding. After Trent's imitation of the cows last year I was really hoping that I could be there this time :) Speaking of being there....when are you coming up ;)?Oh ha ha ha ha

Nancy Mc said...

Good luck on the Marathon. Jason and I have talked about it--he runs every morning-He and I are both sure that you will do great!!!!-This is my 1st time on blogs since Saturday. I have a 2 hour lunch break today. Learning lots, and lots is going OVER my head! You'll do GREAT!!!!

Unknown said...

OK Then... have you seen Message in a Bottle?

Megan said...

Sounds like a busy and fun day! Your kids are so adorable. Have fun at the marathon, you'll do great!