Sunday, April 20, 2008

I FINISHED THE MARATHON

Here I am at mile 23. I wanted to lay down and die. My trusty ole IPod quit working, my legs wanted to quit working, and my mind wanted to quit working. But I still had 3 miles to go - so everything had to keep working but my IPod! (Which I really needed!)
This is me crossing the finish line. What an amazing feeling it was to finish the race.


I didn't die yesterday!!! I ran the Salt Lake Marathon and made it. I can hardly walk today - but I made it yesterday. I ran it in 4:23. My goal was under 5 hours, but try to be close to 4 hours. I was well on my way to running it around 4 hours - but I really slowed down the last 6 miles. In Sacrament meeting the Branch President said that I had ran 26.2 miles and I took first. He told everyone that if you finish a marathon, that means you took first. So I will agree with him - even though I really took 622 out of around 2000 people. If you really want to know how it was - it hurt. At mile 22 I wanted to give up but knew I couldn't... If I hadn't told so many people I was doing it and knew they would ask - I would have sat on the curb and cried. (Yes, it hurt that bad.) Dusty asked if I would do another one and of course, my answer was YES! It hurt but it was a goal I have had since high school. Thanks to everyone who called me yesterday to make sure I didn't die. I will post the running pictures when I get them. This is a picture of my bib number. I told Emma if I won I would give her my medal. Well she asked if I won and I said yes so she remined me I had to give her my medal. I was happy to give her my medal and she was happy to have it. It was cute to see her wearing it proudly!

15 thoughts:

Isaak and Jackie said...

Okay first congrats on finishing the race and doing it in such good time AMAZING. But really are you insane a marathon I praise those who can tackle such a challenge. What Branch are you in. You look good too.

Staci said...

You're amazing! Don't know what else I could even say! You're so awesome! Love the hair too ;)

Dusty and Carol said...

Jackie - First, I am in the Whiterocks Branch and love it. Next - please add me so I can see your blog. I have been trying to find a way to get a hold of you and can't. I want to see your babies!!! If you need my e-mail address it is carolannolsen@yahoo.com

Nancy Mc said...

CONGRATULATONS!!!!!!I had no doubt that you would finish. You are amazing, and I want to be just like you.....finish a marathon. Thanks for being a great example!!!!!

Nicole said...

Way to go! That is so you amazing you did so well, for being your first marathon! Maybe I should take up running, you look so good!

ronnieandjess said...

Way to go...Glad that you did so well. That is awesome that you did in 4:23. I am not telling how long it would take me oh ya if I even finished. Ha ha. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Hey we are going private. If you would like an invite send me an email to stephanie_motzkus@hotmail.com Thanks

Nicole said...

Check out those legs, looking good!

Nancy Mc said...

you look so good! makes me want to really run.......until I steop outside and have to move my feet. You do look GREAT!!!!

Staci said...

I can't believe your ipod quit working! That would make the last 4 miles longer than the first 22! Also, could you please gain a few pounds before you come to visit? If we stood by each other people would probably be worried that I am going to eat you! You're tiny!

Unknown said...

Everything on me except my iPod would have quit working at mile 3 or 4... and It would have wanted to quit working at mile 1 or 2! WAY TO GO! Your are the most determined person I know :D

Trent and Amy said...

That's awesome! I wish that I had that ambition. I also wish I would look that good if I ever made it to mile 23.

The Rook Family said...

You Rock, Carol! I'm impressed. Way to go, girl!

Jenn

Darwin, Jen, Jensyn, Hurley, Violet, and Daphne said...

Congratulations!!! I think that is so impressive. How old is Ridge? And you have already completed a marathon, that is so impressive. I am glad that you didn't die. I am sorry about your iPod.

Megan said...

Wow! 622 out of 2000 is awesome! Congrats!