Monday, April 7, 2008

READY? or NOT?

Many of you know that I have been training for a marathon. The marathon is in 12 days (ouch) from today. My only goal is to finish - and of course, don't die! I will let you know how the marathon goes. If you don't hear from me after April 19th - you know what happened! I was asked today to be on a team to run in the Ragnar Relay Wasatch Back. It is a 178 mile course in which 12 people each run three different legs of the race. It takes about 24 hours. I am so excited and already nervous - and it is still 2 months away.

I am posting a picture of my entertainment center that I got and I REALLY love for you Staci. Come and stay again, I am finally making my house a home. I have even planted grass and trees! (and my back is paying for all the raking I have done.)


Rayce finally got his four-wheeler running again today. He was so excited to ride it tonight. I just wish it would warm up because his poor hands were freezing! (Wayke was scared to ride with him. If you saw him drive, you would be scared too! He's a little dare devil.)


I really enjoyed conference - especially the talk by M. Russell Ballard. If any of the young mothers didn't hear it - it is worth while to read. It gave me hope in raising our children. It also made me appreciate everything Dusty does for me and our boys. He is a great dad that is trying hard to raise great boys.






6 thoughts:

Nicole said...

You will do great at your marathon. I can not run to save my life. The entertainment center looks great. I will diffently have to come out soon and bring the four wheeler. Looks like a lot of fun.

Staci said...

Wow, very nice entertainment center! What a steal! Good luck on your marathon. I wish so bad that I was running with you. Well, not a full marathon of course :) I hope so bad that the Ragnar team isn't full yet because I want to do it SO bad. So keep hunting her down LOL! And I can't believe you even LET Wayke ride with Raycen. Taft was too smart to even get close to that thing when Raycen was driving! HAHAHAHAHA He's just a chicken ;)

Nancy Mc said...

You ARE AMAZING!!! The training for a marathon is hard work! And yet you keep on running. My goal is one and finish before the sopport is taken down & not die in the process! Still haven't felt the runner's high. How long will it take-if more than a mile, I might never feel it.
The Ragnar thing sounds....difficult-but you are up to it.
Love the entertainment center. Loooks great in your home!

ronnieandjess said...

Good Luck in the marathon...wish I could have just a little bit of your ambition (not sure how to spell)...I loved that talk also, it was great...see ya tomorrow...

Megan said...

Good luck in the marathon! (The M. Russell Ballard talk was my favorite too.)

Trent and Amy said...

who are you doing the Ragnar with?