Tuesday, March 6, 2012
THE CUTEST THING... EVER
I have always been scared to let my kids wrestle. The main reason is because I couldn't even watch my brothers wrestle (and they were GOOD wrestlers). There was way to much anxiety in it for me! After Jesse wrestled for the state title and almost lost - I couldn't even watch Cale's state title match... (FYI, they both took state! haha, nothing like living in the past) Anyway, I haven't really tried to get my kids involved in wrestling. I decided this year I would let them try it. I called the coach to sign them up and the whole time on the phone Rayce was saying "You're not signing me up are you?" There was NO WAY he was wrestling. I had just planned on signing Ridge up but the first day of practice Wayke said he wanted to wrestle too! They had only had 2 practices by the time the first tournament came around. (There wrestling suits and shoes hadn't come by the day of the tourament but they are SOOO CUTE in them!) The day of the tournament I realized they didn't even know how to win a wrestling match. So for about an hour - I taught them what to do. I pretty much said - get the other kid to his back, if you are on your back... GET UP! Last Friday was their first tournament. They both did well. It was so much fun to watch them. Ridge lost his first match and then won his next two. As soon as he was done he would run over and say "Did I win?" Wayke had a little tougher time but did very well. He had to wait three hours until his first match. By the time it was his turn, he was ready to go home. Then they wrestled again last week. They both won their matches. I am really enjoying watching wrestling again. My dad is on cloud 9! He is so happy to be going to wrestling again - even if it is to watch 2 kids that don't know what they are doing. I recruited Cale to go to their practices and be there coach. He helps them and then goes to the tournament. Dusty is having a little harder time. I had to explain to him how they score points, why you pick up or down - and so forth. It is a whole new experience for him!
Posted by Dusty and Carol at 1:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 thoughts:
How fun!! I am sure all the boys in your family are loving it too!
I can just imagine you trying to teach your boys to wrestle...They've got great wrestler blood. They may have to teach Dusty.
Post a Comment