Saturday, December 31, 2011

THE END OF 2011

Another year has come to an end.  I can't believe how fast each year flies by.  I wanted to write a few thing about each of the kids.

Rayce is a good kid.  There is no other way to describe Rayce.  He is such a good helper - does almost anything I ask.  I honestly couldn't ask for a better kid.  It actually brings tears to my eyes when I think about Rayce because he is so lovable and caring.  The first Sunday in December he shared his testimony in Sacrament Meeting for the first time.  He did an awesome job.  He grabbed a hold of the pulpit and said exactly what he believed and sat down - straight and to the point.  It made his grandma and grandpa cry.  His dad grabbed him on the way down and gave him a big hug.  He did ask Dusty a couple of days ago how much longer he would be Branch President for.  He said he is ready for Dusty to sit with our family at church.  Rayce is also a comedian.  He loves to make people laugh and he says off the wall things.  He loves to tell jokes.  Rayce does very well in school, he is a smart kid.  It comes to him pretty natural.  He loves to learn more but isn't always super excited to go to school.

Wayke is my jokester.  When Wayke is around there is a wrestling match going on.  He loves to tease and tease.  However, he is so tender-hearted.  Wayke does not like to get into trouble.  If he is in trouble it breaks is heart.  He doesn't get mad, he doesn't pout, he just feels sad.  He is learning so much lately.  He has began to read.  It love listening to Wayke sound out new words.  It is so cute.  Wayke loves friends and wants to have as many friends as possible.  Wayke really looks up to Rayce.  He thinks the world of Rayce.  Wayke loves school and he loves his teachers.  Wayke loves church and really loved his church teacher last year.  Wayke gets embarrassed very easy.  Even if he does something funny, you can't laugh at Wayke or he cries.  He hates to be laughed at more than anything - it breaks his heart.  He gets scared very easily and always wants someone around him.  He is the best helper.  He loves all of his brothers and plays with them very well.  He is always taking care of the baby and trying to make him happy.

Ridge is my dare-devil, go getter!  If you tell Ridge no, that gives him more desire to try harder.  He does not give up easily and is not scared of ANYTHING!  He has a hold of his dad's heart-strings.  Ridge is Dusty's little buddy.  Ridge loves the cows and horses.  He wants to ride the tractor, go to work with Dusty, ride the skidsteer.  If Dusty is outside doing it, Ridge is in his back pocket.  A couple months ago Ridge went to work with Dusty and he still hasn't stopped talking about it.  Ridge loves to spend time with him no matter where it is at.  Ridge does no wrong in Dusty's eye.  Ridge's most popular statement is "My dad is my fay-borite".  Ridge talks so cute.  I always joke that I will have to go to Kindergarten with him and be his interpreter.  Nobody understands him except Dusty and I.  Ridge loves Range.  He is always trying to help "baby" and play with him.  He is so concerned with where Range is and if Range will be sad.  Ridge has no desire to learn.  If you try to teach him his colors he has much better things to do, like play farm.  If you try to teach him a letter, he "albrady" knows his letters.  The only letter he knows is an "i" because he knows it has a dot on top.  Santa forgot the dot on his presents and he couldn't hardly believe it!

Range is a mama's boy... except when dad's around.  Range loves his "mama" and stays on my heals all day.  The only thing he loves more than his mom is the bottle.  I wonder how in the world I will ever get him off of that.  Range does very well at going to sleep by himself.  When it is nap time he wants to be put in his bed with his bottle and left alone.  When it is time for bed it is the same thing.  He doesn't like to be cuddled and rock - just left alone with his bottle.  He does not sleep well with others.  He has always slept by himself so I think it really confuses him when we try to have him sleep with other people.  It just makes for a really long night.  Range is beginning to talk.  He tries to repeat many words that you say.  Range has fought ear-aches for much of his life.  I hope that it doesn't effect his hearing when he is older.  Range doesn't really like other people.  He is scared of them and usually stays close by when we are in public.  If people try to talk to him he just looks the other way.  I can't believe he is going to be 2 in April. 

I love each of my kids so much and their personalities.  Rayce tells me I yell to much so I am working hard on not yelling.  I can honestly say today I didn't yell a single time!  I weighed each of the kids today and they weighed:
Rayce: 66.8
Wayke: 47.6
Ridge: 40.8
Range: 31.6

1 thoughts:

Nancy Mc said...

I like that you told so many things about each boy. They grow SO fast!