Friday, December 30, 2011

LIFE IS CHANGING

Just when you start thinking you are getting things figured out, life changes.  This past 2 months have been a complete blur to me.  Halloween came and went, Thanksgiving came and went, and now Christmas is over and the New Year is about here.  We have made some big changes in our life the past couple months.  Dusty has been looking at a ranch to buy for quite some time.  He really wants to run more cows.  It is his love in life (after me and the kids of course).  A couple of months ago they began looking in Colorado for some property.  To make a long story short - they found a guy that wanted to sell out.  We have spent the past couple months trying to make decisions and put things together.  After much talk, we decided the store would have to go with this new project.  This makes me happy and sad.  My kids deserve a mom and I didn't feel like I could give them the attention they needed with the store.  It makes me sad because I have always wanted a store and it is over so fast.  But it is time and was fun while it lasted.  I just felt to strug out all the time and wasn't giving 100% to anything.  So now the store is sold - the last day we will operate it is tomorrow.  And now the ranch - I am pretty excited about it.  No, I will NEVER ride a horse but I think it will be fun.  There is a cabin and places to ride four-wheelers.  It is only 2 hours from Neola so won't be completley horrible.  We will be running 700 + cows so I am sure it will be a lot of work (for Dusty!)  Also, Stewart "retired" early from his job and will be running it.  When the cows are calving it will be crazy.  It is fun to see Dusty so excited about it.  It is like Christmas morning everyday when he looks out his window and sees all of his cows roaming around.  (Right now the cows are in Neola until they calve and then will be shipped to Colorado).  We are anxious to start the new adventure and close out an old adventure.  I am excited that Dusty will be able to work with his dad, someone he thinks the world of.  They work so well together.  Stewart is Dusty's hero.  We only get to live life once so we might as well live our dreams. 

3 thoughts:

Nancy Mc said...

A lot of big changes. I wish you ALL the best in these new endeavors. I need you to tell me about the collection of books. I love the sentence...life will be one big wrestling match with boys. It still is at my house.

Nicole said...

Nancy just said it best!!! Also I would love to know what these books are. I can't wait to visit your new ranch one day!!

caseyandleslieanderson said...

Wow it sounds like life is crazy and fun at your house. There are alot of times that I miss the small town. Especially when I read all the fun times and all the space your boys have to roam. So fun. We need to get together again and visit. Glad to hear all is well for you guys.