Saturday, December 31, 2011

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS

I am never been one who did "New Year Resolutions" every year.  I guess I always thought if a goal is that good, why wait until the New Year to start it.  I did write down goals on occasion - but just not always on Jan 1.  Well, this year is different.  I haven't wrote down a goal and actually attemped to do it in a long time.  I would say before I had Range.  So this year I am going to make New Year Resolutions!  I do believe to learn and grow you need to have goals and honestly, I don't know a single goal I have been trying to make for a LONG time!  Here are my goals in no particular order...

1) One word - BLOG.  I love reading my blog.  This year I want to keep up on my blog, not always catch up on my blog.  I think blogging is very important and it is the only thing I do that keeps my memories written down of my kids.  I want to blog and not always play catch up.

2) Read to my kids 5 nights a week.  We do really well and then we do really bad.  My kids need read to.  It is time to sit down with them and just pay attention to them with no other distractions.  I believe reading is so important for them.  So I will read to them 5 times a week hopefully all 7 but I want to be realistic.

3) Family Home Evening every Monday night.  Last year we did this and we made it months and months until we missed one.  As soon as we missed one we began missing them more often.  If we have something going on Monday, we need to do it on Sunday Night.  My kids really look forward to FHE.  If I print of the FHE lessons for every week now, it is much easier to do.  This is a great time to spend with the family.

4) Personal scripture study.... I really struggle here.  I hate to read but I have to figure out how to enjoy it.  I want to read the Book of Mormon in 2012.  I don't think I have every made that a goal to do.  Now it is written down I HAVE to do it!  I can find 15 minutes a day to read the Book of Mormon, I can do it.

5) Exercise - I have really stuggled here since I had Range.  I want to get back to exercising 5 times a week.  I feel so much better when I do and I eat better when I do.  I still have not lost my "baby" weight from Range.  This is by far the longest I have went after I had a child!  I can't say I will run any marathons this year or even any 1/2 marathons this year.  I will run Rangar and will train to do that.  But running 17 - 18 miles a day has to be on the back burner for me.  But I do have equipment in my house and I can go walking.  I will make a calendar today and exercise 5 times a week in 2012!

Well, tomorrow is the day.  I will print these goals off and tape them to my fridge so I can't forget.  Here is to an awesome 2012!

2 thoughts:

Nancy Mc said...

I could say ditto to everyone of those resolutions. (except reading to the kids...mine might just laugh at me if I called them and began reading.) Go for it....I'm trying to type I'll do them tooooo...I should, I know I should!

Nicole said...

I love all your goals. I need to work on all of them as well. The baby weight is at the top of my list. It's amazing how my weight can make me feel so gross!! I sure miss you and your beautiful family!!!