Range has been loosing weight since he was born. When we went back for his check-up on Thursday he weighed 6 lbs 11 oz. When we came back on Friday he weighed 6 lb 10 oz. His bilirubin on Thursday was 11 and when we came back on Friday it was 21. They made us stay in the hospital to "babysit" me. I had to feed him every 2 1/2 to 3 hours and he had to stay under the lights other than that. When we left on Saturday his bilirubin was 15. We had to come back on Sunday his level was back to 17 and had lost more weight, was down to 6 lb 9 oz. They sent me home with lights. I decided to quit nursing and see if that would help him gain weight. We came back on Monday and his bilirubin was 12 and he had gain 3 oz, so was up to 6 lbs 12 oz. I was glad I stopped nursing and even more glad we didn't have to go back anymore!
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 thoughts:
I am so glad he is doing better. The last place I am sure you wanted to be was back in the hospital. I hope all continues to go well. He is a cutie and looks like your other boys. Congrats!
Glad that range is getting better. And it's nice when you have a 'real good reason' to quit nursing. Bottles are just easier and less stressful if you ask me.
Post a Comment