Wednesday, December 16, 2009

WAYKE



On Tuesday Wayke had a dentist appointment in Heber. We left on Monday night and they wanted to eat cereal before we left - do you think he was tired?
We stayed in a hotel in Heber on Monday night. The boys swam and had so much fun. Wayke's appointment was at 8:00 am. Dusty stayed at the hotel with Rayce and Ridge and I took Ridge to the dentist. I think I was more nervous for his appointment then he was. I knew they were going to totally put him out with anesthetics and I was really nervous. The anesthesiologist came in and made me hold him why he put a shot in his hip. He said he should fall asleep. He didn't for over 10 minutes. They kept coming back to get him and he was still awake. He couldn't talk but he just kept looking at me because he knew something wasn't right. He finally shut his eyes about half way and they came and took him. I started bawling - I don't know why, I felt so bad for him. They gave him a IV to keep him asleep while they worked on him. It took over 1 1/2 hours until he was finished. Then I got to go back with him until he woke up. It took about 45 minutes and then they had me try to wake him up. He didn't talk all the way home, mostly slept and looked around. His eyes were huge but he couldn't talk. When we got to Myton he started throwing up all over. He threw up most of that day. When he tried to walk he looked like he was drunk, he couldn't even stand up and he kept running into everything. I am SOOOO glad that day is over. I have dreaded doing that for a long time. He ended up getting 12 caps (only has 20 teeth) so hopefully we'll be good for while. Unfortunately he had no dental insurance so I say his teeth should be his Christmas present!!! (Actually probably mine because it is my fault his teeth are so bad...)

2 thoughts:

Nancy Mc said...

Poor Wayke. Sounds like you made it a fun trip. Too bad he had to do the whole dentist thing. You know how I feel about the dentist. YIKES!!!

Nicole said...

Get him an electric tooth brush for $5.00 at walmart. It will make brushing teeth fun. I am glad that horrible day is over.