Well, I am actually quite surprised... Ridge is REALLY potty trained. My mom put underwear on him while we were gone to Vegas. He never had an accident but he only pee'd all day. Then on Sunday Sheirl had him and he had a diaper on so he went the poop in his diaper then she put underwear on him and he pee'd in the toilet the rest of the day. I got home Sunday night and decided I would try it for a little while. He has never had a diaper back on since Sunday, Dec 5. I haven't put a diaper on him to go to bed or even to church. The first week he did pretty good, had about 5 accidents. I decided to stay with it. I really thought he would just keep having accidents so I would eventually put the diaper back on. BUT we are on day #12 with NO ACCIDENTS. He has done so good. He tells me every time he needs to go. He says the word poop really funny. He puts his tongue out and then says it. It sounds nothing like it is suppose to!!! He is so proud of himself that he can use the toilet. It is an act of congress to use though - he has to do EVERYTHING himself. Turn on the light, take off his pants, get on the toilet, flush the toilet, put his pants back on - seems like a 10 minute ordeal every time he goes. But it is SOOOO nice to be diaper free right now. I have 4 months then I get to start again, but I'll enjoy them :) Who would have ever thought at 2 years and 2 weeks old he would be taken off the bottle and potty trained!!! And since he got taken off the bottle he now sleeps through the night (which doesn't surprise me - I knew he got up in the middle of the night because he got a nice warm bottle to go back to sleep to). So December has been good for Ridge - off the the bottle, potty trained, sleeps through the night, and now he shares a room with Rayce and Wayke. All three of them share a bed!
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 thoughts:
Nice work Ridge.
Yippee for Ridge!
Can I send Dre to your house? He went poop in the potty and then freaked out and ran screaming. He thinks it is disgusting. Guess I just need to put underwear on him and mentally prepare myself for some messes!!!
Post a Comment