Tuesday, July 7, 2009

NEOLA PARADE











This year we decided to have our kids do the parade. We made WANTED posters with their picture on and WILD WILD OLSEN BOYS posters. Their Grandpa Evan was the Grand Marshall so then they decided to have the "grand" kids ride with the "grand" marshall - get it??? Anyway, so we still did the posters they just got to be at the begining of the parade - which was nice. Boston also rode in the parade with us. They boys thought it was so fun throwing candy. However, it was a little stressful trying to keep 2 boys on a four-wheeler and one boy on a gator all moving at the same speed, not hitting each other, and keeping up with the parade - all while throwing candy. HARD JOB - YES :) FUN - YES :) We had a really good time and they boys had fun.
Saturday night we went to the Gardners with Suelyn and Steve. We made s'mores and watched fireworks. Then on Sunday Stacie and Mark blessed their new baby girl and had dinner after. By Sunday night we were all beat and ready to go to B...E...D!

2 thoughts:

The McKenna Family said...

Your kids were adorable in the parade. Looks like you guys had a busy weekend, I like Holidays that way. It wouldn't be a holiday if we were at home twiddling our thumbs, right?

I'm glad Wayke is getting better, poor guy!!

Staci said...

You didn't tell me they were going to be in the parade. I would have stayed for that! That is SO DANG cute. I'm sorry I missed it.