Sunday, April 19, 2009

READY, SET, TIME TO GO


As I mentioned before Staci (my sister who had a baby less than 2 months ago) and I are doing a marathon. My Aunt Nancy is coming also and going to do the half marathon. I stole this picture off of her blog. Isn't the view beautiful? The race is almost all down the coast line. Staci and I both jogged 18 miles yesterday. (Not together because she is in California). She averaged a 9:01 minute mile and I averaged 9:05. Yes, she has always been faster than me. That is why I have to do a marathon with her just months after she had a baby or we would never be able to do it together... She would beat me by a long shot! I will be leaving for California in 12 days and I can't wait. My kids are staying home with Dusty. I am so glad to have such an awesome husband who supports me! He's defiantly the greatest :) We are hoping to do the marathon in less than 4:20. My first marathon that I did a year ago I did in 4:23... Yesterday's run was my last long run before the marathon - 26.2 miles can't wait!!!

8 thoughts:

Nancy Mc said...

It is awesome that you and Staci are going to run the marathon together. Wishing you both the best of luck. I'll be at the finish to cheer you in-of course IF I finish the 1/2 before you are both done with the full. See you SOON!

mjlamb's said...

Give Staci a big hug for me! I hope you guys make it in the time you hope! Good luck. Enjoy the running for me too!

Staci said...

How cool would that be if we can beat your first time. Especially since we only decided to do this a few weeks ago! And you shouldn't talk me up and say that I'm faster than you because I'm going to be REAL embarrassed when I can't even finish!!!!

ronnieandjess said...

That is awesome. I want to go as a cheerleader for you guys, and enjoy the view. Good Luck. Hope you have a great time.

Nicole said...

Boston is glad that you are taking Grandma Nancy on a feild trip to to Californa.

Trisha said...

I hope you have soooo much fun running 26.2 miles. AHHHH! You are crazy! No really, I admire that you guys are doing a marathon. Just wish I could be at the finish line to cheer you on. Lot of luck:)

Trent and Amy said...

yeah I was going to do that marathon too until I realized I'm too lazy. Run extra fast for me. I will go with Jessica and enjoy the view!

The McKenna Family said...

Yeah, I ran to my mailbox the other day, proud of me? (OK so it was really cold, I had to run).

Have fun and good luck!!