This past week was full of stressful moments. On Wednesday we went to the Neola Park to ride bikes and play. Rayce wanted to take his BIG bike he got for his birthday that he had never rode. He asked me to put him on it and he started heading for the rode. I sat there and watched him and kept yelling "Rayce turn around". He would go a little further so I would yell again. I started walking after him thinking he'll turn around any minute. He never did and when he got to the highway he turned toward Roosevelt - on the rode, not the sidewalk. I start running as fast as I can yelling at him to stop. I am running after him yelling - then it looks like he turned into the Neola Elementary School. I breathe a sigh of relief then realize he hadn't. I start running as fast as I can again. I get out to the highway and look around and can't see him. There is a little black shirt - that I thought might be a runner - about 1/2 mile ahead of me. I look at the school, he isn't down there. It must be him down the highway. I look all around and realize I have to go back and get my car - I will never catch him. Then I turned back around and now I can't let him out of my sight. I start running again down the highway and know I will never make it. I start screaming at the next car that passes (people can drive 60 MPH down this rode). A lady stops and I tell her I need a ride. I am now in a frantic - I am so scared he is going to get hit. She hauls down the highway. Just as we are approaching him he starts to do a U turn and then a guy starts to pass us because we are slowing down. Rayce is now in the opposite lane. We both start screaming and this lady swerves her car hard to the left so the guy can't pass her. Rayce is just kind of circling his bike in the middle of the rode. I jump out and tell Rayce to get on the side. My heart was pounding about a million miles an hour. This poor guy didn't have a clue was what going on. I apologize to him and thanked the lady for the ride. She offered a ride back - we were about 1 miles down the rode. I needed a minute to get my head back together so I told her no thanks. I asked Rayce why he went so far and he said "Because I can't see behind me so I didn't know if I could turn around." Then when I asked him why he didn't just stop he said "Because I knew I would tip over and it would hurt". It was one of the most scary moments in my life. Needless to say, until he gets much bigger to control the bike, he will stick to his little one!
Now Ridge - - - He was eating a sucker and getting it everywhere. I took it from him and walked into the kitchen to get him another treat. He started chasing after me crying. He started crying so hard he wasn't breathing. I kept trying to get him to cry or breathe. His face turned blue and his eyes rolled back into his head. He neck went stiff as a board and he passed out. I started screaming again. Dusty came running just as Ridge woke back up. He just kind of looked around like "What happened?" I have never seen anyone pass out and I never hope to again...
Sunday, April 26, 2009
MY PAST WEEK!
Posted by Dusty and Carol at 4:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 thoughts:
Holy Cow lady, I would say you have had quite the week. I'm sure you are ready for you little vacation. I think I would put the bike and candy away while you are gone.
Scary, scary moments. Though I did LOL when I read the part about Rayce not being able to see behind him...how could he turn around? Where were the other 2 during all this? Scary! I agree with Nicole, put the bike away and but bring all the candy while you are away.
Post a Comment