Sunday, August 3, 2008

UNION HIGH CLASS OF '98

We had our 10 year reunion yesterday. It was so much fun. We were able to see people that we haven't seen for a while and catch up.

This is Melanie and I. Isn't she so cute! We were good friends in high school. There are so many fun memories. The best is that when our moms gave us lunch money - we almost thought we were rich. If we had $3 we were able to "go anywhere" for lunch. She had this cute little rabbit car. Late one night Mel was driving and me and another friend were in the back seat. A car was following behind us and there lighs were right in the back window. We decided to act like we were fighting. We started hitting each other and one would fall and we did this back and forth. We'll low and behold - it was a cop. Melanie got pulled over and I was scared to death. After he left us go - she was so mad at us. Now we laugh though!

This is Mitch, Ale, and Dusty. Mitch and I were next door neightbor's growing up. If I needed a ride to school I could always count on Mitch to take me. If I had a bad day at school - poor Mitch got to hear all about it. Dusty and Mitch were also good friends. They played sports together. When we were little I really liked Mitch - but he didn't really like me. He lit a firework in my face and all the hair on my head was burnt. His mom had to cut it ALL off and it was really short. (I don't believe he did it on purpose - but maybe?) A couple weeks later we were at the animal chases in Roosevelt and the girls took a turn and then the boys did. We'll, the girls went first and I was shy so I stood back by the fence. I started to walk out to chase the animals and this guy said to me, "It's not the boys turn yet!" I was embarrassed so I started to cry and left. It was all Mitch's fault! Years later we became good friends and I am so grateful for that. He was an awesome guy.Here is some more people in our class. Amy and I were really good friends also through high school. Everyone thinks we were just part of the "Western Petroleum Wives Club" but we were friends long before "Western Petoleum". She has always been a great friend. In 9th grade she bet me $100 that I would marry Dusty. I said no way so the bet was on. The deal was if I didn't - she had to give me $100 at my wedding and if I did I had to give her $100 at the wedding. We'll, I did - but "forgot" to give her the money. The bet was like 10 years old - don't they become void after so long?

7 thoughts:

The Rook Family said...

Geez...I feel really old now. Class of 98' eh? I was through with college and having my first kid that year! lol

Trent and Amy said...

I remember you getting pulled over because I was the one fighting in the back seat. I wasn't allowed in her car after that. And I am still waiting for my $100.00 That was a good reunion! Fun to see everyone.

Nancy Mc said...

Like the new look of your blog. Love the new pictures of the boys. Looks like the reunion was fun. Were there any surprises in how people had changed? Glad that you lost the $100 bet. Dusty is a GREAT guy!

ronnieandjess said...

Looks like you had lots of fun and I enjoyed reading all of your memories. It is fun remembering when, sometimes. I just can't believe how fast the time flies. I was at my parents house over the weekend and remembering when all of us kids lived at home and the things we did. It is weird to think how long ago it really was.

Melanie said...

Hi there, fun pictures. That story will haunt me forever, and I can remember it like it was yesterday. Poor Amy was banned from the car for a while. What a fun time I had at the reunion. It was fun seeing you and Dusty, you two are perfect!! Your boys look adorable!!

Mel said...

Thanks again for helping so much with the reunion! It wouldn't have been the same without all your help. And thanks for posting those stories, they made me laugh!!

Isaak and Jackie said...

Carol those are way fun memories and I am glad that you have good and bad ones to share, it makes life fun but I am sorry that it had to be my brother who the bad memories are with.