Saturday, August 2, 2008

First Triathalon

I finished my first triathalon today. Well, now that could be misleading. I was on a team with Tanesha Freston (swim) and Kim Labrum (bike) and I ran. I was really nervouse because I have heard great things about the kind of swimmer Tanesha was and I knew Kim was a awesome bike rider. I didn't want to be the one to mess everything up. But - we took 1st! Our time was 1 hour 17 minutes. We tied with another team - they read our times that I beat her by 1 second - but we really came in together. It was fun to do. Hopefully we can find another one this year we can do as a team. One of the biggest reason I love doing these (marathon, 1/2 marathon, & triathalons) is because you meet so many new people. Everyone talkes to everyone and the atmosphere is unique and fun. My next adventure - Finish a triathalon and do everything. (That might be a little while.)

5 thoughts:

Nancy Mc said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I knew that YOU would be great! What an accomplishment. So sad that I did not get to see you this week. Am looking forward to the 1/2-then I'll get to see you. Keep on training!

Adree said...

You ROCK!!! But I still think your a little crazy.

Nicole said...

And people wonder why you are in such great shape. You are amazing.

The Rook Family said...

Way to go! That's great, Carol!! I'm so proud of you and I really admire your strength and dedication. You work hard so I'm glad to see your hard work pays off. That is really cool. GOOD JOB TEAM CAROL, KIM & TANESHA!

Darwin, Jen, Jensyn, Hurley, Violet, and Daphne said...

That's great! I want to do a sprint triathlon in the spring. My mom and I are going to run a 5k in September-my first. We'll see how it goes.