Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Muttin Bustin

Last night we went to the Duchesne County Fair. Rayce rode his first sheep. We were really nervous and thought he wouldn't get on. However, when we got there he was so excited. He wanted to go over and look at the sheep before he rode. He was #20 and kept asking Dusty "Is it my turn yet?" Dusty put him on and he was still so excited. He rode for a minute and fell off, spit, and asked when he gets to do it again. So we have signed him up to ride a calf next week. He can't wait! (My picture of him riding the sheep was very blury so I couldn't post it. These will have to do.)
Dusty is in the brown shirt and has his arm around Rayce. Isn't it the cutest picture? To bad the other man is in it!
We bought him the hat years ago and he has never worn it. He hasn't shown much interest in horses until lately. It makes Dusty so proud that he wants to be a part of the rodeo's. He is growing up so fast.
After he rode, we let him ride a few of those "nasty" carnaval rides. (Poor kid had to go alone though. Dusty wouldn't let Wayke ride 'cause he thought he would jump out. And there was no way I was going because my stomach couldn't handle one time around, let alone 50!) He was so happy. He says that was one of the best nights ever!

10 thoughts:

Adree said...

Adi always says she wants to ride one but I know that when she ate the dirt she would freak.

Adree said...

Adi always says she wants to ride one but I know that when she ate the dirt she would freak.

Nicole said...

How cute. He sure makes a cute cowboy. I bet his dad is proud. We just got back from the Weber County Fair, and I know exactly what you mean by "nasty" carnival rides.

Nancy Mc said...

He is a very handsome cowboy. I agree with the carnival rides. Wonder why they have them at the fair-when it is so back to basic stuff, and then those creepy things. Reminds me of a scary story when I was much younger at the BE fair.

Staci said...

Taft saw that picture and said "That's cowboy Rayce. I like that. When I'm a little bit older can I be a cowboy?" Now he keeps asking me for boots, a hat, and a shirt. Think Trent will go for it LOL? I'm glad he did so well riding his mutton! He's getting so big!

Cadeharland said...

I like your blogspot page. It is neat to see what you guys are up to these days. You sure have some hansome boys. They sure look like Dusty. It makes me home sick for the good old days looking at your pictures. You two are so cute together I am so glad you got maried. We are going to have to come out and visit you guys before it gets to cold and our kids can play together. Take care,
Coringo Dinco.

Darwin, Jen, Jensyn, Hurley, Violet, and Daphne said...

Rayce is a super cute cowboy. I am impresses that he rode the sheep for a minute (and spit!). Rayce will remember that day for a long time.

The Rook Family said...

Hey! That's the ride that girl puked oh isn't it? LOL That was just so surreal. I saw that she was gonna blow...then I saw that Dusty was right in her line of fire and I hollered "MOVE DUSTY!" lol but I don't think he heard me. Anyway...Rayce is one cute cowboy and Kai told me today that he wanted to change into cowboy clothes like "Rayce and Padin". Cute, huh?

ronnieandjess said...

Race I am so proud of you. You did an awesome job. Keep it up.

Trent and Amy said...

That was cute! So is the picture of your boys up top.