Sunday, August 24, 2008

MAKING MEMORIES!!!

What a fun weekend we had. The boys, me, and Bailee went to the city on Thursday. We took Bailee school shopping. We also went to Lagoon with Katie and her kids and Nicole and her kids. We went to Fat Cats (A place to eat and play games). We stayed at Nicole's house. My kids loved playing with her kids. My kids didn't sleep well at all with all the fun stuff going on - so I had to pay for it on Saturday. But we had a blast anyway. I ran my 4th 1/2 marathon in Logan. It was a great run, until the last 3 miles. A little steady climb. Thats not bad to do at the beginning of a race - but 10 miles into it makes it difficult. I hadn't ran in almost 7 weeks (except the 3 miles at the triathalon) so I was nervous. I had walked almost everyday, just not ran. However, I only added 4 minutes to my best time. I was happy with that. This is my aunt Nancy, cousins Jason and Travis, and I at the finish line. It was so fun to have people there I knew. Also, to have people cheering us on at the finish line. It is very motivating to keep going when people are on the side cheering for you. Most people know that I don't cry much. But it seems everytime I see a marathon or a 1/2 marathon I can't help but tearing up. It is very emotional to watch. If you haven't seen on before - you're probably thinking I am crazy. It is awesome to watch people finish something that you know they have worked so hard for. It was MFA Nancy's first one. I was so glad I was there to see her finish a goal she had for so long. Jason and Travis did very well. Travis finished 1st in his age group and Jason finished 3rd. GOOD JOB! I took 44 out of around 250 in my age group.

I had the boys pictures taken. There were actually really good. Nicole came and helped me and I couldn't have done it with out her. THANK YOU NICOLE!





Here is one picture of Lagoon. Nancy kept Ridge for me. It was so fun to be able to spend time with Rayce and Wayke and give them attention. THANK YOU NANCY! They had a ball. We are even thinking about going back next week. Dusty feels bad he missed out on the fun - so now he wants to take them!

11 thoughts:

Nancy Mc said...

I enjoyed your time here. I always look forward to your coming to the 'city'. Thanks for cheering me on, and helping me as I have trained for this 1/2. Hope to see you at the full in September. (yeah, running makes one weepy, just reading this post made me all teary eyed...again!)

Jeri Dawn said...

Hey! Glad to see you in our town! Now we need to make it to yours. I have an idea...call Jason and invite him and I know we will come! I am also glad to know that I am not a pyscho-path for crying at all of these half's/marathons.

Nicole said...

Love the pictures. Your boys are so dang cute. I'm glad I could help you out why you were here. They were really good. Way to go on your time, with no training for weeks, you are amazing. Cant wait for you to come again.

Darwin, Jen, Jensyn, Hurley, Violet, and Daphne said...

I am glad you came too. It is always so fun when you are here. Darwin wants to go out to your house soon to look for a job.

Cadeharland said...

I took your advise and made A blog spot. It is Cadeharland.blogspot.com It isn't as cool as yours but you can see some pictures of my cute kids. It is a good thing they look like their mom.

Nancy Mc said...

Love!!!!! the new look for your page!

Darwin, Jen, Jensyn, Hurley, Violet, and Daphne said...

Cute new template!

Melanie said...

Fun new page! You are amazing with all of your marathons. I've worked up to a 12K this saturday, nothing too big, but slowly getting there. Where did you get your back drop for your blog? SHARE!

ronnieandjess said...

Your blog looks cute. I love the pictures of the boys I want to see them bigger. Keep up the good work on your racing and have enough fun for me.

Unknown said...

YOU CAN NEVER EVER CHANGE THE JOHN DEER!! IT'S DEFINITELY YOUR FAMILY!!! :) Hey... How you been anyway? I haven't seen you forever!

Mel said...

Love the new background! John Deere all the way, (one of the most boring jobs I ever had, but I still feel a loyalty for the family business). :o) I wish the pictures of your boys were a little bigger so we could see them better!