Sunday, March 20, 2011

Saratoga Springs Half Marathon


I had this great idea the first of January. I still had a "little" baby weight to lose and thought I should sign up for a race and that would get me running. I talked my friend Jamie into it first. She was very easy to convice that it was a good idea. Soon after I talked my friend Amy into it. This all sounds great but we forgot to do one thing... train! HAHA but it was fun - to go shopping and eat at the Olive Garden. The race, not so much. The wind blew I think 100 mph. It was FREEZING cold and HILLY. Who does that, puts hills in a race, seriously? Jamie and I went out Friday night and met Amy at the hotel. Then off to eat a yummy dinner and shop. (There is no going to the city without shopping) then back to the hotel. A good thing to do before a race is sleep. Well, we thought that was a dumb idea and stayed up and talked - that is alot more fun! I tried to talk them both into "sleeping in" and missing the race but Amy was determined to go. I don't know if I mentioned but the wind blew 100 mph and it was COLD. I didn't get my best time ever and I didn't, I mean I did get my worse (2:08). But I had a BLAST! I can't wait to do it again SOON girlies!

1 thoughts:

mjlamb's said...

Its our fault you got your worst time! We held you back the first 3 miles and then you wised up and left us in the dust! :) By the way Baby fat my eye!