Saturday, September 6, 2008

I'M NOT READY FOR THIS


Thursday, Septemeber 4th, was Rayce's first day of Pre-school. I am not ready for Rayce to be going to pre-school. I am a whimp, it is only 2 times a week for 2 1/2 hours. That shouldn't bother me, RIGHT? He has one of the best teachers, Shirlene Law. She is so nice and friendly. They have so many fun activities planned. I know he will have a fun time - but he was scared to go so it made it even harder on me to make him. Rayce is extremely comfortable in his comfort zone. And that comfort zone happens to be with Dusty & I and at home. The first year of his life was LONG and grueling. If they would have had pre-school for 6 months old - I probably would have taken him. (Just kidding) He is so much fun to be around. He is fun and full of life. I am not ready for him to grow up. The night before he went Dusty gave him a blesssing and said he would "make friends". Rayce looked at him and said, "Dad, how do you "make" friends?"

When we took Rayce in, I could see he wanted to cry. (Which again, almost made me cry.) Wayke was crying because he wanted to go. The teacher got Rayce involved and we left. When I went to pick him up he told me how much fun he had. He said he had made a friend, Adi.
I guess whether I like it or not, he has to grow up. I am just trying to prolong it as long as I can!

7 thoughts:

Nicole said...

I know how you feel, but man a few hours away, sure is nice. He is so dang cute, and it is sad that they grow up so fast.

Nancy Mc said...

Enjoy your time. I agree they grow up TOO fast. He is so cute. When he 'makes friends', I hope he can teach me. I still need to learn to 'make friends' here in PC.

Jeri Dawn said...

Oh, it's weird when they start going places. Wait until they start asking to go to some kids house that you have never even heard of!

mjlamb's said...

he is such a cutie and you are a cute mom... Thanks for the help with the blog I will explain to you later what was going on...

The Rook Family said...

Awwww! He's too cute. It's hard letting them get big isn't it?

ronnieandjess said...

With his backpack on he doesn't look so tall. It is hard, but I think that 1st grade was the hardest for me. My sister-in-law says that it gets harder with each of them. Which I would think that it gets easier, but you look at the big picture and you are getting less and less or you are getting older and older. There are a couple of different ways to look at it.

Unknown said...

That's a lie!! It gets easier! After awhile you want to shove them out and have the whole day peacefully to yourself! hahaha! But they do grow up to fast... that part I hate!