Friday, September 12, 2008

FAMILY HOME EVENING




Everytime we ask the boys what they want to do for our Family Home Evening Activity they say throw rocks in the river. The river runs through the middle of our property so at least we don't have to go very far (and it is a very cheap activity!). So for about the 100th time, I am posting pictures of the boys throwing rocks in the river. Dusty was trying to teach Ridge how to do it but he just wanted to eat the rocks.

Like many, since I have started blogging I have slacked on my journaling for my boys. Every once in a while I am going to start posting some things about my boys that I want to remember. This will probably be boring to most, but I have to do something so I can remember and hopefully do something more permanant later...
Rayce weighs 43 lbs (4 years)
Wayke weighs 33 lbs (3 years)
Ridge weighs 23 lbs (10 Months)
Rayce's favorite things to do are go fishing, read books, play Wii, play tractors, and ride his bike. He loves going to pre-school, however, on the first day I took him he said, "Mom, you said I would go to school when I am Kayland and Korbyn size. I am not as big as them yet and I don't want to go." He loves his teacher. He walks in the door and just stares at her with a big grin until she says hi to him. He is always saying funny things. Everyone says he talks just like Dusty. He is very soft hearted. He is nice to his younger brothers and asks me when we can have another brother.
Wayke's favorite things to do are play tractors, eat candy, and follow Rayce around. They have just started playing a lot more together. Every morning the first thing Wayke says when he gets up is "Can I have a sucker?" He is a huge snacker like me. We have tried to potty train him a few times but he doesn't like it at all. You can't even get him to admit when he went the bathroom. He blames everything on Ridge. He thinks if he asks you a question in a really "high" squeaky voice - the answer will be yes. He is very easy going, unless he has his mind set - then you can't change it. He likes to tease everyone and has the cutest biggest brown eyes.
Ridge is just starting to get his personality. He loves to watch his brothers and tries to follow them but just can't keep up. He finally learned how to crawl "right". He has been army crawling for about 2 months. Since he learned to really crawl he moves all around the house. He wants to walk so bad, his balance is just not very good. He slept through the night for the first time Tuesday night - his dad had put him to bed because I was gone. Since then, he has been getting up again 2-3 times. (Maybe his dad should put him to bed every night?) He has the prettiest blue eyes. I hope they stay blue - but odds are against us. He is happy and content as long as me or Dusty are close by. A funny thing about Ridge is he got his second two teeth on top and has no other teeth. We hope the bottom and top middle ones are in there somewhere!!!

5 thoughts:

Adree said...

Those are always the best FHE. We need to get together and play games. Soon!

Nicole said...

I really just love those boys. When ever you get sick of them I will meet you half way and take them. Come back soon, or maybe I will have to take a little trip again.

Nancy Mc said...

I glad you posted these things about the boys, since we really do blog for ourselves. I too, just love your boys. I'll miss you very much this weekend.

Staci said...

What a fun FHE! I miss your kids so much...and you a little bit ;) Come down ASAP. I'm not sure when Trent will have any days off (except for weekends) but he will be gone out of town a lot so you can always come and keep me company, but you might just have to make a trip down and we'll get things to work out! (Except if I'm being honest...I really don't want to go to Dr. Phil LOL)

The Rook Family said...

Such a boy thing to do! Throw rocks in the river...too cute! You truly have a beautiful family, Carol. Cute boys, but I always say that cute parents make cute kids. ;-) I'm glad Rayce is loving pre-school and hang in there with the potty training!