Tuesday, May 26, 2015

RIDGE

Ridge has been sick for months. At least 5 out of the 7 days in the week he has some type of medicine for headaches. The last 3 weeks they've been really bad. We started taking him to the doctor to make sure he didn't have anything serious. They ran a bunch of blood test, CAT scans, X-rays, and tried antibiotics a few times. The headaches wouldn't go away and his lymph nodes were really swollen. We went back again and they did more test checking for lymphoma, leukemia, mono, and other diseases. All the test came back normal but the headaches still wouldn't go away. We were suppose to go in for another CAT scan this week but in the middle of last week I spoke to a body talk lady about him. She told me a lot of stuff then told me to have him drink real salt water and take a probiotic. He came home from school that day (I had spoke to her earlier in the day), with a very bad headache. Coincidence, I don't know, but I had bought the exact salt she said he needed 2 days prior. He laid on the couch and I gave him the salt water and probiotic. He laid there about 30 minutes and then jumped up and ran outside to play. He hasn't had a headache since and absolutely no medicine! (Today is day 7 of no medicine, he hasn't made it that long with no medicine in a year!) I give him the salt water 2 times a day. Maybe I'm crazy... Maybe it's because I believed it would help... I don't know but I love that he is feeling back to his old self. I had even texted his teacher in the middle of all his doctor appointments and she said he was doing horrible at school. They couldn't even test him because he would get such a bad headache or he couldn't make it through the test. I texted her the day after we started this new stuff and she said he was doing really good and had made it through his test that day... The first time in 3 weeks!!! His lymph nodes are about 1/2 of the size they were before! He had lost 5 lbs in a month and now I can't keep him full, he's always starving. People would constantly tell him that his eyes looked like he was so sick, now his eyes look awake and alert. He would fall asleep many days at 7 pm at night because his headaches were so bad and sleep all night long. He was always wore out (which is why the doctors were scared he had some type of cancer). Now, he wakes up in the morning and jumps out of bed, his energy level is much better! I'm so grateful to finally have an answer and he's feeling better!!! 


2 thoughts:

Nancy Mc said...

So glad Ridge is doing well. It is hard to watch your child be sick. I'm glad it is working. Sometimes things work. It doesn't always have to be medical stuff that helps our bodies to heal. Body talk sounds interesting. I just might have to try it.

Nicole said...

Poor guy. Glad you found something that is starting to work.