Sunday, August 17, 2014
SHEEP BRIDGE
Dusty took the boys at Chain Lakes which is about a 11 mile horse ride to get there. I told him Range and I would meet him at Sheep Bridge which is about a 4.5 mile hike. Range had hurt his foot but he insisted we go. (He got stung by a bee twice on the same foot and his leg was really swollen.) He made about the first mile walking. We stopped many times for pictures, many times to look at big rocks, many times for spiders, ants and bugs... He kept saying "mom, this is so much fun." I didn't bring a drink or food because I knew I would be carrying him quite a bit and didn't think I could carry that too. After a mile he was to tired to walk anymore. Through the next many miles I found it was easiest to carry him on my neck. We passed a man and women and they couldn't believe I was unarmed. They insisted a take their gun. Now I get to pack Range and a heavy gun. I was so tired. it is pretty up hill and lots of rocks you have to cross over. So I looked down to watch my step and missed the trail to the bridge and continued up the mountain. Luckily, I passed a man and a boy who asked where I was going, I told them sheep bridge and they said I passed it 15 min ago. We turned around and make it to the bridge. Dusty hadn't arrived yet so we waited. We were both hungry and thirsty. I knew we couldn't make it to 7 pm if Dusty got there late. So I decided to wait until 5, then I better go because I knew I would have to carry Range back out. At 5, there was still no sign of Dusty so we started hiking out. We had only been about 5 minutes when we heard someone behind us... It was Dusty and the boys and 6 horses! I was so happy because I honestly didn't know if I could carry Range and the gun all the way out! It was a lot of fun spending time with just Range and I talking. We took our time and enjoyed the scenry. He kept telling me thanks for taking him and he was having do much fun. I tried to get him to let me turn around a few times but he wanted to make it. It was a great day!!!
Posted by Dusty and Carol at 12:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 thoughts:
That is a LONG hike carrying a cute boy and a gun.
So fun that he wanted to make it. Determined little guy. What fun memories.
Post a Comment