Wednesday, August 27, 2014
RIDGE HOSPITAL VISIT
My big "claim to fame" is that we haven't been to the doctors in 2 years! (Ok, except once 1.5 years ago when we found out about Ridges heart condition). That has changed! I feel like I've lived there latley (and I've only been there twice!) Ridge had a bad headache Saturday and we got him feeling better then Sunday he got really sick again! We gave him medicine and he felt better by Sunday night. Then Sunday night/Monday morning he was doing terrible. He couldn't even pick his head up and was miserable. He began throwing up and couldn't even pick his head up to do that. He had a terrible headache and couldn't move his head. At 6:45 his heart went into SVT (beating to fast). We gave him his heart medicine and tried a few of our tricks. We couldn't get him out of it and at 7:30 am we decided we need to take him to the ER. I ran to the school and took a few pictures of the kids (it was the first day of school) then Dusty met me to take him down. They did test and found out he had strep throat. Then gave him an IV to reset his heart with medicine. It took a few times trying the medicine to get it to reset his heart. It completely stops his heart then it starts beating again. It's a very intense few minutes watching the monitors. After his heart was reset he was already feeling much better! We think/hope his heart is what is causing the headaches. We have scheduled surgery at Primary Children's Hospital on Octobet 2. Hopefully, they can find the problem and fix it!
Posted by Dusty and Carol at 6:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 thoughts:
Poor boy. I hope they can get this fixed. I know Primary Children's can do amazing things.
How sad. I sure hope all goes well, and that the surgey fixes all of it!
Post a Comment