Thursday, October 15, 2009

IT'S BEEN A MONTH???

Wow, I logged on my blog today and realized it has been a month since I posted anything... What have I been doing??? Well... For about 5 weeks Dusty didn't feel good (and lost about 23 lbs and he is already super skinny) so we have been back and forth to doctors. He finally had a scope and a colonoscopy done about 2 weeks ago. They found out he had problems with his stomach. They aren't ulcers but kind of are. (Can you tell I forgot what it is called?) Instead of holes like ulcers the doctor said his stomach looked like a chicken had got in there and attacked everything. Deep scratch marks everywhere that were bleeding. When he would eat they would really bother them. He also had headaches and was very nausea. The doctor said this was also caused by the "ulcers". They put him on medicine and he has changed his diet and is feeling 100% better. They did a pill cam a couple days ago to look at his small intestine. (He swollowed a pill and it took pictures thoughtout his stomach - kind of crazy.) We haven't got the results back from them but the doctor. We didn't want to do it because he was feeling alot better but the doctor said they are looking for 2 diseases which the medicine would help if he had them. He wanted to make sure he didn't have that too. The camera took over 5000 pictures and the doctor has to look at each one of them so he said it would be a week before we got the results. Anyway, he is back to 100% and we are all just happy about that!!! (He literally laid on out couch for almost 5 weeks straight... LONG)

AND... I haven't been feeling good either because we are expecting BABY #4 in April. We are super excited but it seems SOOOO far away. I am around 13 weeks now and things are getting a little better (besides the 12 lbs I have already gained - seriously) Some people don't eat when they feel sick. That is the only thing I think will make me feel better so apparently I have eaten my entire house!!! I don't want to find out what the baby is but I can't even wait for Christmas. I am going to try to use a little self-control and wait... I let you know if I do or not :)!

Well, that is all we have been up to. Now things are getting better for all of us hopefully I will start blogging again!

8 thoughts:

Nicole said...

You never told me Dusty has been sick, hopefully they can get it all taken care of. Congrats on baby number 4, I'm sure you are still super skinny. Hope you guys have have a fun weekend.

Nancy Mc said...

Congrats on baby #4. Good that Dusty is feeling so much better! Can hardly wait to see you and am looking forward to all the fun we are going to have this weekend.

Melanie said...

I am so sorry to hear about Dusty, Thanks goodness for Blogs so I can keep up. I hope it all turns out ok. I didn't think Dusty had 23lbs. to lose, sure wish we could just transfer that weight loss to me :) ha ha. CONGRATS on the new baby soon to be. You most definitly need a girl this round. Post when you find out I'll be waiting!

The McKenna Family said...

I'm glad your hubby is feeling better, that sucks!!!! I am so excited you are having another baby!! When I get another baby hunger streak can I come hold yours?? Don't find out what it is, you will love it. It is the most awesome experience!!

Isaak and Jackie said...

Carol that is awful that Dusty was sick that long but I am glad he is much better. Congrats on being prego I am so excited for you guys. What fun. Good luck with the cam results.

ronnieandjess said...

Glad things are better but now you have others to worry about, that stinks. Hope you find out soon cause I want to know. I am excited for you.

Staci said...

Don't find out what it is! You can do it!!!!

Natalie said...

Congratulations!!! Obviously I'm just now catching up on blogs, dang football season! I'm so happy for you guys!