Wednesday, February 27, 2008

STILL HERE












Well, it is day 3 of being at the hospital and it isn't looking any better to be leaving on day 4. Wayke is having a hard time keeping his oxygen levels up on his own. He usually does good after he gets his "steriods" but then his levels begin to drop. His doctor says he has to go all the way through the night in order for us to leave. It is only 11:00 pm and he already had to go back on oxygen. It has been a hard couple of days for Wayke. Tonight he was so tired of being in this room - he hasn't been out of the bed for 3 days - he tried to escape. He jumped off the bed but couldn't pull his IV cord with him. He finally gave up and just cried. (Thats the real sad part)

5 thoughts:

Nancy Mc said...

Oh it is sad. Don't you wonder...if Wayke feels like moving around......would his body do better at getting more oxygen if did??????? I know if you feel like resting that is good... But what if he wants to move???? Just wondering.

Staci said...

How are things going today? I feel so bad for Wayke to be stuck in that bed. I think that Nancy has a good point...there has got to be someway to let him move around, but we all know how hospitals are! Good luck with everything!

Trent and Amy said...

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, But only you can feel the true warmth.
I just thought I would tell you thanks for being my friend, Carol!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Poor Waykie Waykie!! I didn't even know you had a page... Good thing I looked around! :) I'm glad Amy didn't say that friends are like diarhea :S that would have been just plain weird! LOL

Trent and Amy said...

doni is so disgusting