After getting home from Mexico with Ridge he seemed to be doing well. He had a few problems here and there. Saturday night he got very sick. By Monday he couldn't walk because his legs were hurting so bad. I called his one of his doctors (Destin, I truly consider him a doctor) and asked that he check specifically for Lymes Disease. We got an appointment for Wednesday. When we got there Destin said he isn't sure if he'll find it or not. His programs work in layers and the worse symptoms come out first. He was looking at things and first asked Ridge, do you have a sore throat? (I thought he did have strep because his throat was hurting but he didn't have s fever) so he said yes. This gave me hope that maybe he just had a minor problem. Then he asked about a few other symptoms that Ridge has been experiencing. (Which is amazing how he can nail everyone of his symptoms). And then the word Lyme Disease popped up on the screen and Destin said, I'm so sorry, he has Lymes disease. It was almost a relief because I have felt so strongly that he had it. I'm excited to get moving in a direction to get him cured. We will do our treatments for him outside of the U.S. And because of the way Lymes works, I'm not surprised they didn't see it in Mexico when we were there. Ridge was doing really good and wasn't in a "flair up". At all when we were there. When's Lymes is moving to another part of your body it forms back to the shape of a cell and travels. When it goes back to the spiral worn look is when your body is under attack. Lymes can make your back hurt one day, neck the next, and feet another. I'm so grateful we have found out what he has. There is a movie called "Under Our Skin" that explains Lymes very good. People go 20 plus years from doctor to doctor not getting diagnosed. We've spent almost 2 years with Ridge and tens of thousands of dollars trying to figure out what was wrong with him. Although I haven't liked to see him suffer that long im so grateful it wasn't longer!
Thursday, December 10, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 thoughts:
So grateful that you have an answer. Now you can deal with that. The not knowing what to do or what direction to take can be very frustrating.
So glad that you are now on a path to get Ridge cured.
Post a Comment