The 4th of July was crazy this year. The week before we were out boating and I was driving Dusty and Dirk on the tube. I hate driving the boat... I am not very good. They were on the tube so we were making big waves. I slowed down to go over one and apparently went to slow because the whole wave came into the boat. I started laughing so hard - then I realized I soaked my camera and my phone. Neither of them worked for a couple days. Actually, neither of them still work. I ended up getting a new phone and my camera still doesn't work. So no pictures of the 4th of July weekend.
It started on Friday when Jason McKellar and his family and Jenny and her 2 kids came to visit. We were busy getting ready for the 1/2 marathon and 5k the next day. We stopped when they got here to enjoy a BBQ. Then Dusty had to take the chickens to the rodeo. We raise them every year and take them to the kids rodeo. We played games all night and watched fireworks. After everyone went to bed, Jason and I loaded the truck with the things for the next day. We went to bed at 1 and I told Jason I would be up at 4:20 am to get ready to go. I thought Dusty had set his alarm... And to make a long story short, Jason came into my room at 4:57 and said, "Carol, it is time to go". I jumped out of bed (We were doing sign ups at 5!) Threw clothes on and we were at the park at 5:08! But that made for a long day. I hate when I don't get a shower and feel ready for the day. I bearly had time to use a toothbrush! The run turned out great, we also did a kid run and many people said that was the best part. We did prizes, cleaned up, then off to the parade we went. We parked by the store and I walked in and it was packed of people, Sheril needed change, blah blah blah - just seemed crazy! After getting everything taken care of it was time to watch the parade. We enjoyed the parade then it was back home for some lunch and relax... I could now really enjoy my weekend and I did. We ate, and ate, and ate. I think we made around 4 cakes all weekend. We stayed up late and got up early for church. It was so much fun and the kids played so well together! We saw lots of skunks, the kids rode the go cart, we played lots of games, had fireworks, it was fun - fun - fun!
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
4th of July Weekend
Posted by Dusty and Carol at 11:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 thoughts:
Love the new header picture! Sounds like a wonderful weekend.
Yeah for a few updates. Wish I was one of the visitors, maybe next year. Hope things are starting to settle down now that the 4th is over. You just have to drive the boat more, and then you will start to enjoy it. Missing you and your cute family!!
I LOVE your new family pictures...please save Wayke and Ridge for Britt and Milly to marry!!!!!! Can you imagine Ridge and Milly together...Yikes!
Post a Comment