Wednesday, June 22, 2011

WHERE IS THE TIME GOING?

I knew I was going to do better at keeping up on my blog - and I was wrong.  Where has June went?  Here is what has happened...

*Range started walking a couple of days ago.  For about a month he has been able to be crawling then in the middle of the floor he would stand up.  If you held his hand he would walk all over.  But if you let go, he just dropped to the floor.  He finally got brave about 2 days ago and took his first couple of steps.  He is 14 months old - not to bad ;) 

*Ridge got 2 teeth pulled.  I left town for a couple of days and Dusty called me to tell me that Ridge's face was really swollen.  He was put on antibiotics and I thought it would get better.  When I got home Saturday I was really nervous but but thought we would wait until Monday.  On Sunday morning he woke up with blood all over his bed.  He was starting to get sores right in front of his front teeth.  By 7:00 pm I was very nervous and called the doctor.  He met me and took x-rays and said Ridge had a lot of infection.  He belived his teeth needed pulled to prevent further problems with his permanant teeth.  I really didn't want to do it but I was willing to sacrifice 2 "bad" teeth years for the rest of his life.  It makes me feel like a really bad parent.  My kids all have TERRIBLE teeth and I know it is my fault.  You would think candy was a dime a dozen cause we eat it like it is.  And my kids are no exception.  I thought I would do better with Range but tonight he ate candy after candy at the ball park.

*Range got his top tooth.  The second top one is about to come in.  I also took him to a new "doctor" about his ears.  This doctor scans your body then does natural things to help it.  After scanning his body, and I hadn't told him one thing - he pin pointed every single one of Range's problems.  He doesn't sleep well, he throws up a lot, he has ear aches...  Everything that I have been concerned with.  He said Range has a very weak immune system and also that he as a light case of strep that he has had for a while.  That is why he gets eat aches so often.  When I would take him to regular doctors I would tell them I felt like their was another problem that was causing the ear aches.  But they just wanted to treat the ear ache and nothing else.  They also said he has bad lungs and has asthma.  He believed he could treat both of them.  We have been 2 1/2 weeks with no ear aches.  That is a RECORD at our house.  They also gave him some natural enzymes for his stomach and he doesn't throw up...  I am a believer and I actually went today for myself.  I was very happy with the things he told me I needed to do.  He pin pointed everything about me - it really was neat.

*We opened the store on June 13.  It has been so crazy trying to get it up and going.  I feel like I run back and forth because of simple things that are needed.  It is very crazy just trying to learn the tricks and what to do and what not to do.  We got the fountain drink, hot chocolate machine and cleaned it up.  It looks so much better but has a lot of work to do.

*We got a new boat and we love it.  It is a little newer than our last one and it goes a lot faster.  Dusty loves it so we are all happy :)

*I finished my 4th year of running Ragnar.  This was my best year - we had the most fun.  Jamie Lamb wasn't able to come with us so Staci, Matie, and I took and extra leg each.  We also had Amy and Marcy (Aland) in our van with us.  We had a great time.

2 thoughts:

Nancy Mc said...

Hate to be a complainer...but where are the pictures? Really, enjoy reading about the goings on in your life. Time really does fly!

Jenny Carlton said...

hey if you need an extra person next year I want to do ragnar. 801-592-7888 jenny.